Thread: heres a tough one; how do you change wiper blades from two to one. like the lam

heres a tough one; how do you change wiper blades from two to one. like the lam

like the lambos. I am planning on changeing over from 2 to 1 for a f50 thanks.

Jack

Re: heres a tough one; how do you change wiper blades from two to one. like the

Well, mine was done when I got my car, but I shouldn't think it would be too difficult. Just remove the unwanted wiper, relocate the remaining motor to where you want it to be, and you should be done. The only thing that might not work out is if the sweep is not right for your car. I know a few people have used a rear wiper motor off of the Ford Astro vans, as they have almost a full 180degree sweep to them, with auto-return.

My car had the wiper returning to the wrong side (driver's side), so I just removed the "home" wire and turn off the wiper when it is in the right spot. Old school... but it works.
    Meddle not with the affairs of the Dragon, for you are crunchy... and taste good with ketchup.<br />http://www.rc-sub.com/resources/grap...ni/avatar2.jpg

A few used cars have the same setup....

My 1996 Jaguar XJ6 has a center only wiper....It looks cool and works like a charm...Look on eBay for a used mechanism or go to junk yards to find all the parts you need.

VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

The Mercedes 300 CE coupe also uses a single wiper with the Bosch Mono-Blade. Works very well. I've had 2 of these cars and have always been impressed at the quality of the wiper assembly.

Wish my 91 Jag XJS had a single wiper like VK's car. I wish Jaguar used the single wiper on the coupes.
    Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

Re: heres a tough one; how do you change wiper blades from two to one. like the lam

Thanks guys

Jack