Thread: Wide Track Suspension?

Wide Track Suspension?

I'm going to have the rear of my Testarassa in pieces for an engine swap,I have been thinking about doing a wide track suspension at the same time.Currently I am useing wheel spacers.My question is,do the axles have to be longer with the wide track suspension?Anybudy know who has the best deal on the wide track suspension.I beleave Held Motorsports is the only one selling the wide track...comments?
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

Re: Wide Track Suspension?

From above; "I'm going to have the rear of my Testarossa in pieces for an engine swap, I have been thinking about doing a wide track suspension at the same time."

"Currently I am using wheel spacers. My question is, do the axles have to be longer with the wide track suspension?"

Response; Yes, if you move your suspension out 4 inches per side the axles will need to be 4 inches longer per side as well.

"Anybody know who has the best deal on the wide track suspension." Response;In my opinion, Lee Waldmiller makes the best set up. It used to be Ryane, then Held and now HT Motorsports but you will need to call them, their web site is under construction.

"I believe Held Motorsports is the only one selling the wide track...comments?" Response;I used a +3 inches per side slalom suspension up front including a new slalom cross member, coil over shocks, one inch anti-sway bar, 350# springs. The rear uses a +4 each side and anti-bump steering, 1 inch anti-sway bar, and 375# springs. I used 12 inch Wilwood brakes all the way around including a new master cylinder and brake bias. The car stops like a race car, and corners like it is on rails. I have a little over 10K in the suspension and feel it is worth every dime.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Just for historys sake it was Formula One before it was Ryane. Thank goodness for us guys it didn't go out of business, and thank goodness that Lee is now the owner. My dealings with him have exceeded my expectations by far.

Quote Originally Posted by dratts1
    Just for historys sake it was Formula One before it was Ryane. Thank goodness for us guys it didn't go out of business, and thank goodness that Lee is now the owner. My dealings with him have exceeded my expectations by far.
    I thought Formula One (same company as Ryane) was owned by George Ryane and is still in production building racing suspension parts but not for Fiero?

You may be right. Maybe they just split. I talked to him when I went through talent Oregon several years ago. Dave I sent you several pictures today. Sorry I don't know how to lower the resolution.

Don: I received the photos of the turbo. Thanks for taking time to send them to me.

Dave

Lord knows I am not trying to push this product but it may be little cheaper for you.
    http://www.naerc.com/html/chassis/de...e_kit_p428.cfm
    It comes with 13" C5 vette brakes too.
    You can lengthen your own axles too. Have a machine shop cut them and add in a heavy walled tube to span the gap. A good weld will hold fine and act as a fuse for the driveline if you dump the clutch at high RPM.

Does the upper strut mount need to be cut and rewelded,moved outward?I need to widen the axles 2 inches per side.Wear can I get axles for a 3800 series II SC that are 2 inches longer on each side?
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

Quote Originally Posted by James_Bond_007
    Does the upper strut mount need to be cut and rewelded,moved outward?I need to widen the axles 2 inches per side.Wear can I get axles for a 3800 series II SC that are 2 inches longer on each side?
    You will need to move the top of the strut out as far as you move out the lower portion so the geometry remains the same. I don't know about the +2 inch axles. I had mine made.

Dave