Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digital and more digital

Digital and more digital

I was wondering if someone knows.. where to get Digital cool stuff to replace the old ones in the Dashboards,, such as...

Speedometer
    Nanameter
    Fuel indicator
    etc.. but all Digital

oh.!! also .. where to get Electrical Car Seats mechanism.

Thanx for the reply

Re: Digital and more digital

Try Dakota Digital. They've got lots of great digital dashes. (www.dakotadigital.com). I think the Lambo Shop has big discounts over the list prices on that site. Check them out to. If my car didnt' come with gauges already, I'd go with one of those digital ones for sure.
    Meddle not with the affairs of the Dragon, for you are crunchy... and taste good with ketchup.<br />http://www.rc-sub.com/resources/grap...ni/avatar2.jpg

Watch out for Dakota Digital - they WILL charge you re-stocking fees and even fight with your credit card company if you don't recieve your stuff or have problems. Nordskog makes digital gauges too. Check Summitt Racing and JC Whitney out too - I know they have digital gauges for sure becuase I've seen them in both catalogues.

if you are looking for a digital dash for a stock fiero, I would check out pennocks forum. There is a guy on there who builds them to order and everyone is very happy with his work.

electric seats are cool but will definitely sit higher than stock fiero, IF you're talking about a fiero-based car ....

Wow Thanx For All you guys replying, I am reading alot on this stuff according to links and stuff . I really apreciate it (sorry for my poor english I am french)

Now I have red a lot on digital gauges and speedometer and nanometer and etc... what about the other question I asked ...

What about the - Electric Seats - .. yes I know .. I am talking about a Fiero chassi.. and with electric stuff .. It might turn out to be a little bit to hight and close to the enterior ceilling etc .. but does someone knows about - Where can I get an electric mechanism to ajust the seats or get some seats with the mechanism that comes with it or some other way to make it work ?

I can not speak for everyone but I have been using Dakota Digital for years with no issue. I had one customer change his mind and they charged a re-stocking fee and should have. There was nothing wrong with the unit, he just decided he liked the analog look better after first deciding digital. If they send you something that functions as advertised and there is nothing wrong with it, they should charge you to return it. The custom car business is not Walmart. I had one unit go out after a little less than a year and they warranteed it, no problem.

Fact is, Nordskog, JC Whitney and Summitt Racing also sell digital gauges, they are cheaper than Dakota Digital and do not even MENTION a re-stocking fee but happily accept returns WHATEVER the reason. Dakota Digital will fight for the re-stocking fee and, from my conversations with their sales people, know their products only well enough to quote the info already on their website, WON"T get technical answers for you and really don't care if you buy their high-priced stuff or not.

Just my experience ......

I do think they are more set up to sell wholesale to shops than to individuals. Just my opinion. You may be absolutely correct. They ship what we order, we install it and it works. I can't remember besides the return and the warrantee ever needing to talk to anyone. But comparing them to chinese crap out of the JC Whitney catalog? The other stuff is probably good. I mainly do street rods and like the pre-engineered bezels and dashes from Dakota. Paying $600-700 dollars for that compared to customizing something in the shop at $60-75/hr and still having to buy the gauges, is still a good deal. I was not trying to prevoke an argument, everyone's situation is different. Personally I like the look of dial gauges in a sports car/exotic. There is nothing like stepping on the thottle and watching the needles.

Cyberdyne has digital also.

http://www.egauges.com/Cyb_main.asp

For the electric seat tracks you might try contacting Recaro seat company.