Thread: painting

painting

Well, I am going to give painting a shot. I have a 91 S-10 that I will practice on before I turn to the Daytona. I want to paint both the same w/ black and then clear coat. I figure I will make many mistakes on the S10. My first ? is: Compressors. Is this 5.5 HP http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...er&DRC=2&IRC=2

good enough for painting?

I bought the Neil Slade DVD on painting a car. It's an OK overview, but just not enough details like: spry paterns/ adjustments to gun/ and working w/ fiberglass. If anyone knows of some great websites that can get me going in the right directions I would appriciate the info.

I am a perfectionest and from some of my reading I may just prep the Daytona and take it to macco for the final block sanding and painting. I will do the S10 completely; after all it is my work truck and I should learn enough to do the jams and under the hood and trunk on the Daytona. Since I am changing the color from red to black.

Re: painting

The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

Re: painting

Did you say Maaco? There has to be someone in your area with a bodyshop willing to pay more personal attention to the final outcome than Maaco. Maaco is a "get it in, get it out" shop.
    And the joke is,<br />when he awoke his,<br />body was covered in Coke fizz !