Thread: Rear Coils?

Rear Coils?

Whear can I get replacement rear coils (stock dimensions)but more heavy duety (only the rears,I have the fronts allready)?I am doing an engine swap 3.8 SC series II (its a heavyer than the stock 2.8 motor).
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

Re: Rear Coils?

For anyone who's interested (Engine swappers),I did an Internet search for Custom Coils,there were quite a few links,heres one:
    http://www.springworks.com/
    The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

Quote Originally Posted by James_Bond_007
    Whear can I get replacement rear coils (stock dimensions)but more heavy duety (only the rears,I have the fronts allready)?I am doing an engine swap 3.8 SC series II (its a heavyer than the stock 2.8 motor).
    I used a coil over strut from Held Motorsports on my car. I have a 3800 NA, 5 Speed installed on a 3 inch stretch 355, +8 wider in rear, and Held anti-bump steering. All that said, I am running a 1" anti-sway bar, and 450# springs on the rear, 1" anti-sway bar in the front, +5 wider than stock coil over shock 350# springs on the front. Car is lowered 2 inches all the way around.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Yeah... I'd vote for coilovers too. Let's you adjust ride height and the springs can be ordered in almost any spring rate. I think I'm running 400lb springs on my rear end (350SBC back there). Installation is quick and pretty easy. You could do it in one night if you're handy.
    Meddle not with the affairs of the Dragon, for you are crunchy... and taste good with ketchup.<br />http://www.rc-sub.com/resources/grap...ni/avatar2.jpg