Thread: 355 kit

355 kit

Hey guys,

Who makes a 355 kit that used a Geo Storm windshield? Or Sebring.

Thanks for your help.

Re: 355 kit

The Geo Storm and Chrysler windshield will not fit on a 355 / Fiero kit. The only windshield that will work was custom made by Trevor Price in Australia. We purchased 30 of them in order to get them manufactured. I only mention this since I tried cutting and fitting a lot of glass into my car before investing in the plug and production of the custom windshield.

(The GEO Storm is too tall and 4 inches too skinny, the Chrysler is too flat across the bottom, too wide and needs to be trimmed on the sides)
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Here is the custom windshield fitted into a Fiero. The top of the glass is matched to a Fiero the bottom is matched to a 355. John Watson made the fiberglass plug.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

This should be moved into the Technical Questions Forum

Dave,

Thanks for your post. I knew about your project. I just misunderstood from some other information that someone in the late '90's to somewhere around 2001 produced a kit that used a Geo windsheild.

Thanks

Carlos' yellow tr spider had the geo windshield, what most people dont get is the massive amount of work he did to the surround to make it fit

Quote Originally Posted by jdorr2002
    Carlos' yellow tr spider had the geo windshield, what most people dont get is the massive amount of work he did to the surround to make it fit
    You are correct Jerry. I did speak with Carlos and tried his method. The top had to be cut off and a wider "A" post was necessary to make up the difference. The one I tried cracked before it was even mounted in the car. The bottom of the glass had a bulge in it as well that was not attractive.

Are we ready to have another meeting of the Tampa Bay Kit Car Association? A lot of street rods are meeting at Nebraska and US 19 in Palm Harbor every Friday night. We could start meeting there. They would love your TR.

Dave