Thread: Porsche 356 Kit

Porsche 356 Kit

Hi all,

I went to the bank today to see about financing for an old $20K porsche 911 and the lady who was taking care of me told me her husband died last year and left her with a half built porsche 356 kit car that he put $25K into. She said she would sell the whole thing for $5K, just to get rid of it. She says there is a brand new Acura engine, never been started, probably at least 5 years old. A frame. A windshield. Very expensive wheels (?)...and a 'whole bunch of other stuff' .... who knows what that means. Although I hadn't planned on a kit car, I think I'll go take a look at it in the next few days and was wondering if there is any advice anyone can give as to what to look for / look out for etc.....

I will take some photos and post my findings when I get back.

Thanks
    Rolland

Re: Porsche 356 Kit

You will get better help here.

http://speedsterowners.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rolland
    Although I hadn't planned on a kit car, I think I'll go take a look at it in the next few days and was wondering if there is any advice anyone can give as to what to look for / look out for etc.....
    Drop everything, get there, pay cash and try not to look in the mirror for a few days as the guilt wears off...
    BUY IT FAST

Much to my dismay shortly after arriving I discovered that what the lady meant to say was 956 ...not 356.....a freaking le mans cars for petes sake! I took some pictures anyway and if I can find someone who is interested in the parts I may buy anyway to make some $$$. The wheels look pretty beat up but I get the feeling they probably were use in a le mans race. She was adamant that those were really expensive.

Anyone want a 956 frame, wheels, brand new 956 windshield, un-used Acura engine? If not can anyone suggest where to start looking for someone who might? I scoured the internet last night and couldn't find any 956 specific webrings and am not sure what class any racers of this type of car might be in. Any suggestions?

Thanks

here are the photos....

http://rollandburn.com/media/956photos/956.html