Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suspension for AD 355

Suspension for AD 355

I am in the process of working with John on a AD 355 project that includes a stretch version of the body but on a standard frame. The 3.4 Camaro engine has been moved back a little bit. Now we seem to be having trouble getting the exact dimensions of the OEM 355 rear tack width. We have talked to Lee with HT Motorsports and seem to have figured out the dimensions necessary for the front. We do plan on using a set of 355 OEM wheels and tires. Does anyone know the precise demensions to make this as close to OEM as possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Suspension for AD 355

OEM Dimensions are as follows:

Width-74.801 inches or 1899.9 mm
    Height-46.101 inches or 1171 mm
    Wheelbase-96.501 inches or 2451.1 mm
    Front Track-59.601 inches or 1513.9 mm
    Rear Track-63.601 inches or 1615.5 mm
    Tires- Front 225/40/ZR 18
    Rear 265/40/ZR18

Hope this helps!

Robert

For the rear track on my AD355, I added on 1" over OEM F355. I felt that having the wheels more flush with the fender had a better look. If you run some searches over at Ferrarichat.com you will find that many Ferrari 355 owners add 20mm spaces to get the same look.

I would not guess at the dimensions. Get the set of wheels. Jack the car with the rear clip installed and place the wheels where you want them. Then and only then you should take the measurements for how much wider the rear suspension should be. Again. Fully install the rear clip (forget it, fully install all the body panels first) and then work on the suspension. There are three of us building AD355s over here and even though all the body pieces are the same, once installed, the dimensions are just a little off from each other.

Hey Brastic,
    Are you using the stock Fiero supsension with spacers? Are you lowering the car any?

Another use for 20mm spacers on a 355 is to add room to fit wider rims on the car. That is what they use on the Challenge cars since the rim is 1 inch wider than a normal 355 rim.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

I am running a non stretch AD355 with spacers. So far I have lowered the front of my car one inch and the car looks good. Not great, but good. I do have the one lowering springs that I could put on the front and coil overs for the rear. One more inch down front the front and rear would look really good, BUT it would not be practical on the street.

Gotta keep the speed bumps in mind eh!

My nose is wearing out under the bumper. I am thinking of adding a plate bolted to the bottom side scrub pad to keep the fiberglass in good shape.

Dave, Lee has bolt in air suspension for the slalom front end. I've talked to him about it, and he suggested that I just go with the coilovers that I have. I think that it was $800 but I don't know if that included the pump and controls.

I see those skid pads advertised on eBay all the time. Anyone know if they work well with AD 355 front end? I think John mentioned that his kit is about 1.5 inches higher in the wheel well than a real 355.

Quote Originally Posted by dratts1
    Dave, Lee has bolt in air suspension for the slalom front end. I've talked to him about it, and he suggested that I just go with the coilovers that I have. I think that it was $800 but I don't know if that included the pump and controls.
    Thanks for the information. Ryane (now Lee Waldmiller) build some good suspension, for me it is dialed in perfectly. I love the handling on my car the way it is set up. I guess I need to just learn to angle into steep driveways.

Dave