Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ari's 355 for sale?

Ari's 355 for sale?

Is it true that your selling your 355 Ari? I saw it posted on thew alt.autos.kitcars.
    www.xvelocity.com

Re: Ari's 355 for sale?

Sort of...

http://www.madmechanics.com/cgi-bin/...num=1036916294

"This does not mean I'm giving up - If I can't find a buyer at this price I'll just hold it till Janurary when I'll have the free time once again to get it finished off. "

So I'm not determined to sell it - I will if I can, but if I can't for my asking price I'll just finish it off .

:'( Dang it Ari! I just got through reading all of your exploits on your build and now you are looking to sell. I hope you get what you want for it and that you stay with this site! This place is one huge community of help givers. I am just starting my quest to drive the Lambo and hope to get lots of help from this site. Stay with us even if you do find a buyer! ;D

This forum is here to stay, don't worry... On a side note I'm thinking of putting up a banner ad space, as when February comes around I'll need to renew my hosting contract for another year in order to keep this (and my other) sites up. No pop-ups ever, or those crazy Flash ads. Just your typical banner, probably just charge a flat rate per month to be in the rotation. What does everyone think about that?

Don't worry though - If I sell I'll be sure to start a new fiero-based kit car... The pasion is still in me, I just have to be realistic about what's the best choice in my current situation.

IF I start a new project I'll attack it in a different way though ... maybe buy someone else's partially completed kit? Maybe make my own design from scratch ? (Something I've been thinking about for a while - how great would it be to have a car you DESIGNED yourself, not just built??)

Ari,

Do what they did on the hummer forum, The moderator of the forum opend a paypal account and all of the members donated the funds to keep it running. This forum has become a valuable library and means of contact for all of us.

Just tell us the goal and udate the progress of reaching that goal.

Best regards to you my friend
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Or, you could "sell" the forum to one of us...

DKOV'S Kit Car Forum... kinda sings don't it

LOL!!!

DKOV -

I would like to try to avoid donations as people who donate money might feel as if they should have "more pull" because of their contribution.

Although I know none of the current members would feel this way, future members which did not "grow up" with the board might have different thoughts on this, creating conflict. I don't want that sort of thing happening to this community.

Thats Funny DKOV!! I was thinking the exact same thing, I asked Ari and he told me its not for sale, Darn it anyhow!
    But as far as donations go, let them all know that donations don't = Pull. Donations = Ongoing and continuous resources of help.

Or, you could "sell" the forum to one of us...

DKOV'S Kit Car Forum... kinda sings don't it

LOL!!!

DKOV -
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Hi Ari, I'm for the donations. I agree with the pull part but I think I speak for most of the others here. I would not mind a small donation to keep things going. If I had to pay for the info I have recieved from here, not to mention the people I have meet and being able to show off my updates. I m not sure what your hosting fees are but if most the people donated your only talking about $5 -$10 to help out. And like I said just for the fact this place gives me a place to chat and show off my updates its well worth it.

Bo

It looks like a donation system it is then.

Before I set one up though I'd like to just ask a general question to everyone on the forum: Anyone know a good, cheap webhoster that has support for MySQL databases, perl and PHP, Gives ~600mb of storage and doesn't charge for extra bandwidth *;D ?

Although their prices are great, I haven't had the greatest service from my current webhosting firm (CIHost.com), so I would like to change.