Thread: STEVE,SCOTT, ROBERT AND EVERYBODY ELSE

STEVE,SCOTT, ROBERT AND EVERYBODY ELSE

First let me say sup,although my membership is new I have been watching and watching. My credentials I spent 6 years @VW (sorry I left just as the Phaeton was comming out got to ride the W12 around the block a few times but thats bout it).Spent maybe 3 years @ Roush prototype and development(yes they do more than just motorsports).My last few has been@ GM Milford Proving Grounds.I am master certified but I'm 32 willys and cobras do nothing for me.my question is I've been reading and know that robert thru most of the forums eye's sucks(or maybe just his business sense) I don't know.@ the same time I hear the same thing about most of the manufacturers.It's easy to change a website but ownership of craftsmanship not that easy to change.As i stated I'm a mechanic,i can make it run,but making it look good is not my strong suit.I have a mig/tig paint gun hammer dollies all that,but I'm strong @ the smell,the sound,the feel of the vehicle,Not the sight body work, no experience.Murci @ Carrera will be my first 2 builds.mind is made,If i blow it the first time I won't the 2nd time please direct me in the path of forum members most pleasurable experiences.(yes I have read the good and the bad list)If you had a bad one please send pictures, thru my contacts making the bad good, can be pleasurable and profitable. I'm in an untapped market(lol)Detroit,No wife,1 child 2 post lift in the garage. thx for reading the essay Oh P.S. can you that do have website please update.I understand the c @ d letters but Google search of shyt turns up 03 stuff

Re: STEVE,SCOTT, ROBERT AND EVERYBODY ELSE

Hey let me be the first to welcome the first! ;D

Since you have lots of experience let me say the first thing you need to do is design a 6 speed transaxle based on off the shelf US made compontents, and make it affordable for the average builder. $3000 or less US would be nice! Once you do that, you will be welcomed with open arms!! ;D

Ok, I don't have a web site, but I do have a cnc router that I carve foam on......that might come in handy on down the road.

Mike

WOW I got a headache reading it.

But welcome aboard

Rod: Welcome to the forum. I love the auto industry as well and lived in Detroit a very long time ago. I still put ERP solutions into Tier One Manufacturing plants around the world. If we can be of service to one of your projects we are all willing to provide some advice.

Regards,

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

welcome aboard Rod, iam far from you, but one day some of us are going to get our knowledge together and built a jawdropping super car, i have lots of knowledge in building and fabricating, glass etc, dreaming a little (just imagine you, robert and me building a car? ) woooo, too bad we are not in the same state, eventually i will get some people together, like Auto, coorson and whoever is in southern ca., yess we will. good luck