Thread: Looking to buy a kit car in the next year or so.

Looking to buy a kit car in the next year or so.

I am looking to purchase a kit car in the next year or so. I am leaning towards a Ferrari 360. This car would most likely be a daily driver, so something like a Lamborghini would just be way too flashy.

This company seems to offer a great deal for a Ferrari replica. Only 25,000 euros. About 35,000$ US. Good deal?

http://www.extreme-sportscars.com/360/q&a.htm

How did you all decide on what type of exotic you are creating or have? If you don't mind, could some of you post pictures of your replica, and where you got it?

Does anyone else know of any companies that offer the Ferrari 360? Would shipping the car to the USA be a problem?

Thanks!

Re: Looking to buy a kit car in the next year or so.

crj900,

I began this process myself back in December. Have also thought about doing this off and on for a couple of years. As I understand things....1. extreme is a well known and respected name in the market 2.getting involved in this type of project is VERY INVOLVED, 3. Sit down and devise a long term plan to accomplish everything you want to, don't cut coners but be willing to modify this plan as your understanding and wants change, 4. last but not least - DO ALOT OF RESEARCH, once you do that - DO EVEN MORE RESEARCH. Here is an excellant place to start this research. It may be hard to find at times, but well worth the effort when you do.

The best 'deals' are usually a project that someone has partially done and is wanting out for some reason. I am building a F40 slowly but surely, I wanted one since I was a teenager and they were first produced and I found a great deal for the body right off the bat. Others here can give you idea how much shipping would be for that kit. It won't be cheap, but if that is what you want...go for it - full speed ahead. 8)

good luck and see you around,
    michael
    Building a F40 replica, 4.9 caddy, 5 speed.

If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Thanks for the reply guys. I realize i could save tons of money by doing the kit myself, but i just don't have the time and experience to do something like this. Has anyone on here purchased a replica 360? If so, how much did you pay?