Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do friends and the public view your replica once they find out

How do friends and the public view your replica once they find out

I'm seriously considering buying a completed replica in the next year or so, just for a fun car to drive every now and then... Ive posted the idea on a few auto sites, (mustang ones) and everyone pretty much bashes the idea. I understand where they are coming from, but at the same time, who wouldn't want to drive around in one of these cars. So when you tell the general public or friends/family, what are their reactions normally?

Re: How do friends and the public view your replica once they find out

my guess is youd probably get a better reaction and more respect if you tell them its a replica and that it was had built by your self. Building is part of the proudness and respect these guys have with the ownership.
    Although I can see where you are comming from - " look at that tosser in the joking or pretend ferrari etc"
    Its about personal choice at the end of the day.

Yea I would definitely tell everyone its a replica, if they asked... Do you have a 360 replica?

no not yet. Seeing Ashly in 2 weeks with my deposit. ;D ;D ;D

really? are you building it your self?

gonna give it a go. No point getting one built for you. building it is part of the envy. That my opinion.

I sometimes have a hard time convincing people that it is a replica. For the most part, I think people who knock replicas are

a) jealous that they're driving a Honda Civic... or

b) jealous that your $20K car looks as good as their $90K car

No one that I've met thus far has bashed my car (knocks on wood). Most will guess that it is a replica, only because they can't fathom the idea that a real Countach is driving around Langford, BC getting groceries. Once I tell them that I built it and a bit about it, they are suitably impressed. I like nothing more than coming out of a mall and seeing a group of people quickly trying to take pictures of themselves standing beside my car before the owner gets back...
    Meddle not with the affairs of the Dragon, for you are crunchy... and taste good with ketchup.<br />http://www.rc-sub.com/resources/grap...ni/avatar2.jpg

When I had my AD 355 I built no one thought it was fake it kinda sucked because I had to treat it as a real one. That is part of why I sold it was it turned into a garage Queen. Did I mention cops would follow me just waiting to give a Ferrari a tickit it stuck out like a well it got a lot of attention lets say.
    www.kikkerbikes.com
    www.kikkerbikes.com

Quote Originally Posted by BullRider
    I sometimes have a hard time convincing people that it is a replica. For the most part, I think people who knock replicas are

a) jealous that they're driving a Honda Civic... or

b) jealous that your $20K car looks as good as their $90K car

No one that I've met thus far has bashed my car (knocks on wood). Most will guess that it is a replica, only because they can't fathom the idea that a real Countach is driving around Langford, BC getting groceries. Once I tell them that I built it and a bit about it, they are suitably impressed. I like nothing more than coming out of a mall and seeing a group of people quickly trying to take pictures of themselves standing beside my car before the owner gets back...

HEY I drive a Civic......and I've never questioned your car being a replica! Course I've also never seen it in person either! ;D ;D ;D Almost forgot this too......I'm not jealous either. Mine gets 43 mpg!!!

I am a member of a Mustang group and they loved my Ferrari and couldnt tell it was a fake when I first brought it out.. But then I broke down and told them its a replica and they all walked away from the car like it was radioactive...Hmmm, Fiero... Not even the V8 will impress those guys.. I have one of those Dodge Neon Turbos and they dont like that car either but it has respect for its Mustang killing power.. I was beating up on Mustangs and Vettes at the Track last week with my daily driver family car 4 door Neon.. Then I drive my fake Ferrari to the car show and everyone walks past the Mustangs and drool all over my 308.. Lots of "Thats my dream car" and "Ohhh man, Look at that Ferrari.." comments.. My Mustang friends I hang out with get a kick out of all the attention, The other diehard Mustang guys mainly seem to hate my cars..

So, If you post about a replica on a Mustang Forum you will get nothing but a bad time about it.. Just get the 360 and park it next to your musclecar friends and watch everyone walk past thier cars and drool all over yours.. ;D You will love it. ;D The guy with $50k into his car that keeps gets passed by to see your replica will hate you.. I have been in about 6 car shows this year and it has been a blast..