Thread: Carb issues... need help with Edelbrock Performer

Carb issues... need help with Edelbrock Performer

Hey, guys!

Car is running great now. Still overheating, but its a lot better than it was. I think I might need to add another radiator, but its definitely driveable now.

However, I'm having one annoying issue. When I decelerate quickly or corner hard with the clutch in, the engine stalls. I'm thinking that it has something to do with the float in the carb being improperly set up, but I don't know much about them. Can someone educate me on what I should be looking for? Once she stalls, it takes a few second of cranking to get her to fire again as the fuel gets back into the carb again. Its pretty embarrassing. The carb is an Edelbrock Performer series.

Thanks, in advance!

Bob

Meddle not with the affairs of the Dragon, for you are crunchy... and taste good with ketchup.<br />http://www.rc-sub.com/resources/grap...ni/avatar2.jpg

Re: Carb issues... need help with Edelbrock Performer

what fuel pump are you using ?

and are you using a pressure regulator?

Not sure of the pump, but it is using a regulator. Runs perfectly, just when it goes around corners, stops, or goes. If I pin it, there is a hesitation for a second and then the power kicks in.
    Meddle not with the affairs of the Dragon, for you are crunchy... and taste good with ketchup.<br />http://www.rc-sub.com/resources/grap...ni/avatar2.jpg

sounds like either secondary does not have enough of flow or float is too low

I had a Z28 with the same problem and it turned out to be the float. The needle is a tricky and pain to get set up right but once it is you shouldn't have a problem.

Hey didn't you have your car up for sale? You decide to keep it?

Does anyone know of a good resource for the adjustment procedure for the float?

Yeah.. the deal that I had on it fell through, so I've decided to keep her through the winter at least. I'll probably market it again in the spring, but in the meantime I'm going to get this engine running like a top and finish up the last of the finicky interior bits. I had it out downtown on the weekend and it was such a blast to drive!

Im pretty sure I have the spec sheet and how to properly measure the float motion range. I will get it for you tonight after work and get back to you with it.

Paul