Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NAERC wide track susp.

NAERC wide track susp.

Got the front done this weekend,now to do the rear!
    Note the Quicklift airbag behind the spring/shock. Got that hooked up also and it works great. It lifts the front about 2 3/4", and returns to normal height when deflated. It only takes about 2 seconds to lift, and 2 seconds to lower.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Without talent experience is worthless

Re: NAERC wide track susp.

Heres with the wheel on.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

looks mint! The Fiero that is too! Keep up the good work and love the photo's

SWEETTTTT MM, that naerc stuff is a grip though, I had a hard time thinking of dropping that much. Looks good.

RUNDLC

I priced it out item to item with Held, and it came out right about the same price, but the NAERC system included the Quick-lift system, so it ended up costing about $500 more than the Held Motorsports package.

Murcie-Me,

Whats the exact package you got from NAERC? That set-up looks killer!!! I remember you told me about it when we spoke on the phone but man seeing it is a whole other beast!! Man it definitely looks killer!! PM me all the parts to this set-up!

also pm me I just came from that site and could not find that package thks

The air bags dont have a part # as far as I know. Just call Ken or Randy @ NAERC and tell them what you need. They told me they get them from somewhere, but I cant remember where.
    The airbags lift about 3", and are about 7" tall when they are deflated and have no load on them. When they're on the car, in place, deflated, they are about 4 1/2 to 5" tall. When inflated, they are almost 8" tall, lifting the car about 3". If you but the airbags by themselves, you will need to make mounting plates on your lower control arms for them.
    The whole Quick-lift system from NAERC runs about $800, and includes 2 airbags, 1 air storage tank, 1 compressor, 2 control valves, 3 relays, 1 high pressure cut-off switch, and all the hose and fittings you'll need. Its really incredible how fast it lifts the car. Its almost immediate, as well as deflation(lowering).

S4,
    They dont show it on thier website anymore, and I dont know why. The wide track package with Quick lift comes with 12" rotors, Fiero hubs, 1-1/2" drop spindles, big brake callipers, and all the goodies for a complete installation ( to much to list here), for $4500.
    The Deluxe wide track suspension comes with 13" rotors, big brake callipers, 1-1/2" drop spindles, Lamborghini hubs (actually C-5 corvette, but most people dont know that Lambo and Chevy have the same bolt pattern, 5 @ 4-3/4"), and all the goodies, for $6000.
    The reason I went with the deluxe over the regular is, since the wide track pushes your suspension out 3" each side in the rear (this is the exact distance you need to be for the G-28 kit), you dont need wheel spacers back there anymore. In fact, there is NO ROOM FOR WHEEL SPACERS anymore.
    Alot of people use the wheel spacer as an adapter also. You have a Pontiac hub with a Pontiac bolt pattern, and now your trying to attach a Lamborghini wheel to it. You can get a spacer that will fit the Pontiac pattern, and change it to a Lambo pattern, but if you have the wide track suspension on the car, the hub is already where it needs to be, and adding any spacers will put the wheel outside the wheel-well. Like I said,the standard wide track suspension comes with FIERO hubs, having a FIERO bolt pattern. The only way you could use that set-up is if you had wheels that have a Fiero bolt pattern. Having spent many many hours on the computer and calling around, I can tell you there are NO wheels with a Fiero bolt pattern wider than 9.5". This may work well for the front, but would terrible in the rear. So I bought the Deluxe package, because it had the bolt pattern that would fit my OEM wheels, and I wouldn't need spacers (to use as adapters), and those stupid little dust shields that are drilled to look like rotors, to hide them. (And the 13" rotors look better than the 12", because they are drilled and grooved, and the 12" are'nt).
    Look at it this way.......If you can afford the $4500 for the wide track with quick-lift, get the deluxe for $6000.
    You are going to spend more than $1500 for spacers, adapters, and other parts,not to mention the headaches involved in making it all look right. Remember!, there is no point getting a wide track suspension with fiero hubs, unless you're planning on putting you Fiero wheels and tires back on your Lambo. Your better off getting a standard track suspension with the big brake kit and 12" rotors, so you'll have room to put on your spacers/adapters to fit your Lambo wheels. If you're going to do that though, whats the point? You're still left with rotors that are tucked so far in you cant even see them, and front wheels that hit the inside of the wells because the spacers make the front wheels steer in an arc, instead of the factory pivot.
    In my opion, the suspension/brake package should be one of the most important factors of your build. Even more so than your engine. No one can see your engine when you're driving or parked, but everyone will notice those big 13" rotors when you roll-up along side them, or when the car is parked. Its also a safety issue. Its nice to know you've got more stopping power than you need when you hit that pedal.
    From a mechanical stand point, all that money you put in the engine is not going to make the car HANDLE like a Lambo. Theres nothing better than taking your Murcie through a winding road and feeling like the car is riding on rails, with minimal sway and a firm grip due to the lower center of gravity of the dropped spindles. You friends/girls will be amazed at how well your car handles, and so will the people in your rear-view mirror. I'd rather have a car that handled well over a car that was fast. You can have both,and thats best. But if money is tight, opt for the suspension.

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

I LOVE THIS SUSP. SET UP ,i really want the back
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

did u get the rear susp. this will give the car a solid ride like a porsche or a corvette this i think is more important that the front because of engine placement ,i plan to use this rear , draw back it is very costly but it works very very well

it will work on both of these replica body style

DaunteCullpepper

In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!