Thread: Which of Rodney D's shifters is the Ferrari lookalike? Want to buy correct one.

Which of Rodney D's shifters is the Ferrari lookalike? Want to buy correct one.

Hey guys, I was on Rodney's website and he now has a whole selection of shifters. I want the Ferrari style stick so I can use it with Amida's console. Help? ???

Re: Which of Rodney D's shifters is the Ferrari lookalike? Want to buy correct one.

Rodney used to sell one called the Euro shifter and that was the one that Rob/Amida suggested using. I think that Rodney may not make that exact one any more but also believe that the current Sports shifter will work. You can always call Rodney and confirm this but that is how I would go if Rob had not agreed to sell me his extra shifter with my new interior.

Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by jntramey
    Hey guys, I was on Rodney's website and he now has a whole selection of shifters. I want the Ferrari style stick so I can use it with Amida's console. Help? ???

Re: Which of Rodney D's shifters is the Ferrari lookalike? Want to buy correct one.

THANKS!!!!! ;D

I like the Euro shifter in my AD355 so much that I ordered on for my daily drive Fiero GT.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

I use a complete short shifter and Getrag short shift linkage from Rodney.

It works great. It was installed since 1999 or so.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

I just ordered the euro shifter replacement arm from Rodney. Hope that's what I need. Is there anything else I need to install this?

Did you see the write up on how to make one using a shaft from a front shock? I was reading it and thought this guy is very smart he cut the shaft off an old shock they are polished chrome and are threaded on top so all you need to do is cut it the length you need and weld it to the same place the oem rod is welded to. I have an Auto now or I would do this to mine. If some one was close to me I would do it for them just to do it this was so cool.
    www.kikkerbikes.com

I think you'll find a VERY thick shaft on the Euroshifter. If you happen to compare it to a ferrari shifter, you'll quickly see it isn't even close to looking the same. (Not to criticize what guys have put into their cars, this is just my experience). If you have a manual trans, rodney's shifter won't even come close to going through the gate pattern.

Your best bet is to take the stock fiero mechanism and weld on a rod of diamter that looks good to you. You can thread the end and get a black shift ball for $5 in the HELP (motormite) section at Kragen / PepBoys, etc. I went to Lowes harware and got bolt stock of a diameter that I liked (it was already threaded on the end), cut it to length and had it welded on. You can polish the bolt stock and it will definitely get shiny too.

Everyone raves about Rodney, so he shouldn't have a probelm if you want to return the shifter for a refund to get one that's more authentic.

I test drove my Fiero using a modified shifter gate to allow gate shifting. The shifter was a Euro stick from Rodney. With a little grease in the slots it shifted pretty good. The bad thing about it is that the shifter needs to be lowered by a couple of inches which is not possible without cutting into the fuel tank.
    xx