Thread: www.usedfieroparts.com .... legit?

www.usedfieroparts.com .... legit?

anyone ever purchase a kit from www.usedfieroparts.com?

seen their url for yrs not but have not met a soul yet that purchased a kit from them.

Re: www.usedfieroparts.com .... legit?

ok... nobody heard of them? I seen guys mention them before but search concluded negative results for insite on their actual sales practices.

its been talked about before, but always beware if the price is really cheap he might not deliver with results.

looking to see if he does actually sell the kits he has on his website.

as in, are they in stock ready to ship?

I've bought from them (Dave) before. My IRA360 kit.

Quote Originally Posted by giveitup2me
    looking to see if he does actually sell the kits he has on his website.

as in, are they in stock ready to ship?
    In all my years of kitcar enthusiasm, I have not come across a reseller who keeps the kits in stock. It does not only take up much space, but if not placed correctly it can warp.

I waited approximately 6 weeks for my kit. Dave said he got it off someone else, but I know he got it off Steve (TG). When I received it, it was mediocre packaged. The Extreme kit was packaged much more safer and better. Although there was NO damage, except that I think the kit warped a little or it was warped when being pulled off the mould and drying. Not sure.

As for support, there was absolutely none. Firstly, you get an email replied to you (if ever) a few weeks later, no instruction manual, and absolutely to marking on the parts to say what fits where or to describe them. Yes, you get what you pay for , for sure.

My IRA360 turned out well, considering it was the first 360 kit out. However, if I would recommend anyone thiking of buying a kit for self build, I guarantee you that it is not the correct choice. I would strongly suggest you let the supplier of the kit do 70% of the work (fitting the body onto chassis, and all the mechanicals working), and you simply finish it off with the paint, interior, electrical and wheels. You'll be driving your car in no time!! Certainly less than a year (depending on how much deposit you've given. The less the deposit, the quicker the build)

You might think it is cheaper to build it yourself, but either one of two things will happen:
    1- It will take much time, and you will lose interest
    2- It costs SO MUCH MORE (remember, unless you're retired, your time and your family time is worth much more than paying a builder for his time) that you will abandon the project and lose much in the process.

TO those like me who have completed a build, I am sure you will agree on the above points.