Thread: A question about mesures of wheels and spacers???

A question about mesures of wheels and spacers???

Hi

Someone can help me?

I need the measures of the distances marked in the drawing of the LINK

They are to pass a MR2 SW20 to EXTREME F355

My wheels are FOX FX5 7.5x18" ET40 and the tires are 215/35/18 front and 225/35/18 rear.

I need the measure front and rear

Thus I will be able to calculate exactly, with the Wheel that I want (ET), the Wheel Spacers that need.

Greeetings

Carlos

Re: A question about mesures of wheels and spacers???

why don't you just ask Extreme what size you need?

Its a difficult one this, the actual distance can vary depending how you like the car to look and what tyres you have fitted.

I have an extreme 355 on the mr2 & have just had my spacers made. Extreme will give you a dimension based on a BMW offset as these are the most widely available 5 stud aftermarket wheel. (I will post you the dimensions tomorrow)
    If you have the wheels already then the best idea is to support the lower suspension using a jack & try your wheel & see where you like it. You can then measure from the hub to the wheel.

I am using a jaguar alloy which has no 'dish' and I needed 30mm front & 130mm rear spacers.

Be careful if you are just using the wheel offset and the distance to the edge of the bodywork to calculate the size. Different rim edges & tyre profiles can make a difference. Extreme can get you spacers either at standard width or pretty much whatever width/stud pattern you want.

I wanted to be 100% with my dimensions so made some wooden spacers bolted together with studs mounted to the ply. I could add or remove different layers to adjust the width & they could take the weight of the car. (the jack was always just a few mm lower just in case they failed)
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)

Quote Originally Posted by LeeT
    why don't you just ask Extreme what size you need?
    Hi LeeT

Thanks by your idea, but already had occurred itself me to my also

I have asked without answer, therefore I ask in this FORUM

Greetings and Thanks

Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by drew355
    Its a difficult one this, the actual distance can vary depending how you like the car to look and what tyres you have fitted.

I have an extreme 355 on the mr2 & have just had my spacers made. Extreme will give you a dimension based on a BMW offset as these are the most widely available 5 stud aftermarket wheel. (I will post you the dimensions tomorrow)
    If you have the wheels already then the best idea is to support the lower suspension using a jack & try your wheel & see where you like it. You can then measure from the hub to the wheel.

I am using a jaguar alloy which has no 'dish' and I needed 30mm front & 130mm rear spacers.

Be careful if you are just using the wheel offset and the distance to the edge of the bodywork to calculate the size. Different rim edges & tyre profiles can make a difference. Extreme can get you spacers either at standard width or pretty much whatever width/stud pattern you want.

I wanted to be 100% with my dimensions so made some wooden spacers bolted together with studs mounted to the ply. I could add or remove different layers to adjust the width & they could take the weight of the car. (the jack was always just a few mm lower just in case they failed)
    Hi Drew355

Exactly that it is the form to measure the car and to do the I calculate of the measure of the spacers.

My wheels are FOX FX5 7.5x18" ET40 and the tires are 215/35/18 front and 225/35/18 rear.

The motive of the consultation is that I do not have still mounted all the KIT to do I the measure and I have the opportunity that make me a friend the spacer "free".

Thanks by your kind answer.

Greetings

Carlos

Hello, I cant find the standard dimensions that extreme use. I will see if I can give Ashley a ring to find out for you.

I will also check what my offset is on the jaguar wheels, then you can compare my wheel & tyre combination with yours.

What stud pattern do you have on your Fox wheels 5 stud? & what is the PCD?
    308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)

Quote Originally Posted by drew355
    Hello, I cant find the standard dimensions that extreme use. I will see if I can give Ashley a ring to find out for you.

I will also check what my offset is on the jaguar wheels, then you can compare my wheel & tyre combination with yours.

What stud pattern do you have on your Fox wheels 5 stud? & what is the PCD?

Hi again

5 stud and 114,3 PCD