Thread: Audi to Mustang

Audi to Mustang

Hello there

A really strange question, so I hope you don't laugh too hard.......

Basically I have an Audi B6 model. I love the new 2007 Mustang GT. Would it be possible to convert the exterior of the Audi to look like the Mustang.

I love the agressive look of the new mustang. http://www.mobilewhack.com/reviews/2...ng_gt_520.html

Why would I not just buy a Mustang? Well, they are extremely overpriced here. Audi is relatively affordable.

Thinking that I could buy the exterior panels, bonnet, fenders etc and replace the Audi exterior. I want to keep the interior as is. Don't really mind about engine power etc.

Okay, you can now start telling me how crazy the idea is.

Re: Audi to Mustang

The cost of a Mustang is not expensive compared to building a high quality kit car. You can buy 3 new mustangs for what it cost to build a good Lambo for instance. A decent Audi plus all the exterior sheet metal (new) would approach the cost of a new Mustang. Remember the parts to build a car are several times more expensive than buying a whole car.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang

Why would I not just buy a Mustang? Well, they are extremely overpriced here. Audi is relatively affordable.

Thinking that I could buy the exterior panels, bonnet, fenders etc and replace the Audi exterior. I want to keep the interior as is. Don't really mind about engine power etc.
    Before going any further with your idea, take a good look at the overall dimensions of the two cars...Is the Audi close to Mustang GT in wheelbase and overall length and width and height?? Is they are very close then your have a good starting point....If not, then don't even bother! Sell your Audi, save your money and look for a used deal for a Mustang GT.

I have no idea what a B6 looks like but from what I know there are places on the Internet that can sell you dress-up Mustang GT fiberglass panels...The kit you see on the Mustang GT is just that - a dress-up kit fitted over the regular Mustang cars. It can be purchased on the aftermarket.

Anything is possible if you have the money or the skills or BOTH to modify your ride....The sky is the limit! I'm not sure if modifying an Audi to look like a Mustang GT is technically feasible but it's worth a look. Look at the specs first before going any further.

Good luck!

VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Thanks for the advice.

Will have to give my idea a bit of a rethink.

Here in South Africa, imported cars such as Mustangs have a huge tax, so they are far more expensive than the USA.

Oh you are in South Africa. I was wondering why you would start with a 30 grand Audi and try to make it look like a 20 grand Ford. I was guessing that this would take 20 grand to do right.

When it comes to kit cars, South Africa builds some of the best. After all Superformance is there. I would see what you can find.

well if you wanna do that, the mustang is an easy choice to copy, there's a million body kits out for the new one, all of which replace at least the bumpers. lights and other things will be easy to ebay, but the other panels can either be bought as originals, or just made from scratch by you or someone local.

http://motors.search.ebay.com/2005-m...t_W0QQfromZR40

theres full bumpers, hoods, grills and trunks, leaving doors and fenders

it better be rare though, shipping wont be cheap
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com