Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Challenge grille on 355

Challenge grille on 355

I know there are those that have done a challenge grille on a 355. What kit manufacturers have you people sucessfully mounted them on? I have seen some for sale, and want to use one, but don't want to open a whole can of worms, had enough of those in the car already to last a lifetime of rework > Eric

Re: Challenge grille on 355

I mounted one on a AD355 it was not too hard. But I would caution using one on other kits.

The grill is a direct bolt on if you geat a car from John Watson.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

What? and not fix the car I have? All right, I guess I will have to call Mr Watson because I will never have a car like yours, Dave. Wait....... I need to disassemble my car to get everything out to the sidewalk before the garbage truck comes........... AAAHHH much better, a bare fiero frame, nothing like working 7 years on a project only to throw it away. At least this time I will know better not to buy parts that need work prior to assembly. Anyone else with a Mirage, IFG or LUCAS that can verify this question for me? BTW Dave, the current funnywheels is the 355 most of us look up to, and no mistake about that. Take care.... Eric

I had a clone of an IFG kit and do not think it will fit without some major work. On the IFG kits the panel behind this panel is not there so you would have to create one for that as well.

Eric:

I had an OEM panel on my Mirage kit too. I had to use the superstructure from a 355 to do it. A Mirage has a funkey part that has the tail lights molded to it. John Watson has an inner panel he made from my superstructure that uou can bond into your car so you can add the OEM Challenge Grill or an OEM Solid Panel.

Dave

Mirage

Dave -- great information thanks --- I've recently acquired a Mirage complete kit and do not like the tail-light panel so this helps alot. The other part which is already chipped up from scrapes involves the lower rockers and do not have the nice curve shape like John's behind the front wheel -- is it possible to put a set of John's rockers on a Mirage without much modification to the existing Mirage kit?? I also sent you a PM asking about this...........................thanks!! Ben

I would also recommend to use OEM tail lights. The cheep ones from China fade, and the Corvette one just do not look right. The OEM lights stick out more than the Corvette ones giving a better visual. Check around, because you can find OEM lights that are not too expensive.

PS. For me the Challenge grill makes this kit. (thanks a lot Chris for costing me more money)

Quote Originally Posted by bennys0524
    Dave -- great information thanks --- I've recently acquired a Mirage complete kit and do not like the tail-light panel so this helps alot. The other part which is already chipped up from scrapes involves the lower rockers and do not have the nice curve shape like John's behind the front wheel -- is it possible to put a set of John's rockers on a Mirage without much modification to the existing Mirage kit?? I also sent you a PM asking about this...........................thanks!! Ben
    Ben: I sent you an email with photos of the process. I think you will like the result. You will get an extra inch of ground clearance with John's rockers. I think it would be a good idea to invest in the rear bumper John makes as well. There is a world of difference between the two.

Keep us posted,

Dave