Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is best Diablo roadster kit out there?

What is best Diablo roadster kit out there?

Hi, I am new to this site and I want to build a Diablo Roadster. I have two Fieros that I can use as a donor cars. I have heard of D&R and IFG kits. What is the best kit out there? If you guys car break it down as far as quality,price and the difficulty of assembly I would greatly appreciated.Also I want to stretch the car first so I can get the motor in and sort out all the bugs( I am going with 3.8 turbo setup similar to the Buick Grandnational making about 400HP/500lbs TQ) I can use all the room I can get for the plumbing. Does all the Diablo kit require a 11 inch stretch? the D&R video says 10 & 25/32 inches. How crucial is the 11 inches? T.I.A

Prasad ;D

Re: What is best Diablo roadster kit out there?

Try this Diablo Builder support center. There is some amazing projects. These guys maybe able to help you every step of the way.
    http://www.kitcentral.com/

Best of luck and keep us informed
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Thanks 8)

as a matter of fact i am searching for a suitable lambo kit. as best as i figure, IFG is the way to go www.ifgonline.com they have the best value for money in my opinion if you talk to the head hes a really nice guy and he'll be more than willing to fix you up with something nice, my buddy vic bought a roadster from them and it turned out really well check it out
    www.lambo.ca

North American Exotic Replica Cars is making a great impression lately as well.. They have an amazing 6.0
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

I'm going with IFG myslef...they are giving me everything!
    ed

The D&R kit is way about the IFG kit in that it provides inner panels for all the decks, interior panels to completely do the interior( no fabricating your own), bmw and mercedes latches and hinges( no homemade looking stuff) and not to mention that the D&R kit looks much more like the real car than the IFG car does.
    www.exoticglass1.com

I've heard IFG makes terrible kit. from few people . the fit is not very good .check better buisness bureau there...... there kit is pretty complete but that's about all.. ...D and R I heard panels actually line up, nice fitting .. good luck

I flew out and spent a day with Rick at D&R and got the big tour. I'm all set to buy a roadster myself. My donor body is all cut up and I'm buying engine and tran as we speak. I too had the same question. I Wrote to everone at Dale Vanblokerds site and Dale himself. ( they're doing and advocating the IFG kit). My questions were is IFG any good and I hear they are VERY SLOW on fulfilling promises and deliveries. No one, not even Dale returned any e-mail when those questions were asked. Rick has been very available, so far and has answered every question so far and I haven't given him penny one yet. Their body seems straight and solid, and in the gel coat the lines seem staight. Everbody says IFG gives you "everything" , well D&R says the only things you don't get are the Air conditioner vents for the inside and the wheels and tires assuming you've harvested everthing you need to from the donor Fiero. Rick said save the elctric window set up and the electric miror components, Daaa mine had manual windows and mirrors so it was back to fiero.net for those but all in all I'm voting with a credit card and going with D&R

Thanks DOC.