Thread: CV axles for under $800???

CV axles for under $800???

I know I have asked this before, but has anyone yet come up with a source for CV axles WITHOUT SLEEVES with a custom length? I posted a manufacturer Interpart, and was able to get all the details on which inside/outside joints they use for my particular application. I have e-mailed them and also Rockford CV and gotten no reply from anyone. What I want to do is pretty straightforward, I want to take a standard axle for a 4T65 tranny and make it longer. No complicated Ford to GM or anything like that, and I have yet to find anyone that can supply me axles for under $800/set. Maybe all you on this forum are using Spacers, then you don't need custom length axles, but I have extensively modified the rear suspension of my car and this problem has become a showstopper Eric

Re: CV axles for under $800???

I'll getthe address and contact info for you for my guys in Sudbury Ontario. I got a set that will handle up to 400 hp custom length for around $450 CAD.

I am just running out now but I will get it when I get back tonight.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Will also be running into this problem in a couple of months. I assume the axles could be extended with sleeves by almost any machine shop but if you are going with alot of hp then a single piece unit is the way to go. I have a unmodified (as far as horsepower) 4.9 cadi. Is there a 'rule of thumb' as to what size hp one should switch over to custom one piece axels???

michael
    Building a F40 replica, 4.9 caddy, 5 speed.

Well;

I looked through my bills and I can't seem to find the company I worked with for my extended axles.

These guys were great when I worked with them though. They put axles together for drag cars and really focus a lot of their business in the ATV world if I remember correctly.

I did a search and I think I found the name and address below. I am not 100% sure these are the right guys but chances are good they are.

I bought their stage I axles which go up to 400 hp but they have Stage II and III axles that go into stupid high numbers. I sent them lengths that I figured out by cutting up my old ones and seeing how long the centre shafts needed to be and emailed them the dimensions. They said that the length I had on my passenger side was about as long as I would ever want to go. They suggested getting an intermediate shaft off a Beretta or something like that from a wrecker and then use a shorter shaft from there. I went with the longer shaft anyway since I only had a stock 2.8 in the car.

Here is the address and number that I found on the web seach.

Thanks
    Don

Axle System Inc
    351 ALDER ST
    SUDBURY, Ontario
    P3C 4J5
    Canada

308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

I talked with Axle Systems and they can make any axle you want for any HP. I opted to make my own using 1350 driveshaft parts for about $400.00 instead.

I have a set of axels for a manual trans Fiero 3" longer each side for $600 complete.
    Without talent experience is worthless