Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TROUBLE AT CAR SHOW

TROUBLE AT CAR SHOW

I was talking to somebody the other day who regularly attends the KNOTTS car show to enter and show his cars (I think his yellow car won last year), and he asked me if I plan on entering my car this year. When I said yes, he advised againt it. He said AUDI would be there in force this year and it would be in my better interests NOT to have my completed car there. What do you guys think? I'm just showing it, and am not trying to sell it. Do you think they could confiscate it?
    Without talent experience is worthless

Re: TROUBLE AT CAR SHOW

I don't think they can take your car, but they may try and hassle you about who and where you bought the kit from. I don't think they will ever be able to stop the black market of these kits, they are across the U.S. Already.

There are other murci's out there that will be hitting the market, and they will be VERY acurate.

Maybe you shouldn't bring any items for sale that say "Lamborghini" on them.
    If you don't feel comfortable don't take it. They didn't care about kits until the murci hit the market. The 6.0 & earlier ones didn't even matter to them. Frankly I don't know why they care, it won't stop anyone from buying the "real" car from them anyway.

Some of the real owners are pitching a fit because they are now being asked if their real Murci is a kit and that TICKS them off!!

When the twin yellow ones were at the show last year I was impressed at least with the exterior, one bad move I think was to have a dealer style plate the read "Orange County Lamborghini"

Just my 02

RUNDLC

I'm not sure who's spreading these rumors but maybe they are envious of your beautiful replica! ;D

On the other hand, no one can confiscate your car, including AUDI...That would be illegal!! However, if the manufacturer chooses to sue you for copyright infringement they probably can find ways to do it...It all depends how accurate your replica looks compared to the real car. But if that's the case then nobody will show up with a replica Lambo at KNOTTS and that will definitely stink for the show organizers, promoters and the fans...

Your best bet (if I were in your shoes) is to talk to the show organizers and maybe consult a lawyer just to be on the safe side...Find out what your options are and have your eyes and ears open...

I'm not a legal expert on the subject of replicas but that's my opinion. Good luck!

VK
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

If I have my car there, should I cover up anything that has the Lamborghini name on it?(emblems, badges,etc.)
    Without talent experience is worthless

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

do not take it ,you will get the letter if you do ,they will not take your car but you will be put on the watch list after the letter,i am not sure if you remember the WHITE F 50 about 4 years ago at knotts but he got a letter about 2 weeks after the show ,he only built 1 car for himself after the Ferr*** letter he was told not to make another one an he could not sell an replica parts that resemble a Ferr***
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Hmmmm Well do you think they will send anyone a letter? Even us old time diablo guys? Not that I will be building another real soon. I would sure like to get another going in a few years but I would have to sell my roadster baby first.

Maybe I won't take mine to knotts afterall.

RUNDLC

Senior Member ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER's Avatar

with a Diablo you may not get a letter but they will be watching to see if you sell any parts later , i think we should start a show in Texas somewere like Dallas or Houston
    In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

I think we should to move the KNOTTS show to my house in Sacramento!!! LoL, I promise not to have any Audi people there.

Or maybe we could hold a small show in my back yard!! I could line up about 12-15 easy!

RUNDLC

Well, there are at least 6 replicas in the sacramento area the would show up. Maybe we should have a small show up here, no joke. I know sorry off topic.