Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: bump steer kit

bump steer kit

has anyone tried the bump steer kit from RCC rather than the Held unit Dave describes in the last post it basically moves the rear link pivot farther out in line with the control arm pivot its only $120 and I was considering trying it rather than the held unit ...thks ..john

Re: bump steer kit

I have it on my kit. easy install and very well made parts. for the cost you cant beat it. as for the ride i cant comment on just yet, only up and down the road with an unfinished car.

thks ...can you post how it is on the road this spring ...I hated that characteristic on the last car I rode in ..it would feel a nasty little kick out to the left over a railway track or similar

Can someone post a link for RCC so I can look up the bump steer unit?
    Thanks

http://dwayne9.addr.com/fiero.html sorry no pics ..john

John, thanks for the link.
    So is that what I've been feeling when I'm on the highway and hit a bump or hitch in the road? Suddenly I feel like the back end gets loose and jerks a bit. I just bought a new set of polyurothene bushings to replace in the rear hoping that may solve the problem.

yes it could very well be that ..but you have to eliminate everything else too ...the tie rod itself could be shot /bushings /alignment etc / everything is new on my car so I have a solid start to diagnose the problem ... however having driven lots of fieros it is a very common characteristic ...john

Quote Originally Posted by johns
    yes it could very well be that ..but you have to eliminate everything else too ...the tie rod itself could be shot /bushings /alignment etc / everything is new on my car so I have a solid start to diagnose the problem ... however having driven lots of fieros it is a very common characteristic ...john
    On an anti bump steer there are no floating tie rods to wear out. It could be a bad helm joint or something loose.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

[quote=FunnyWheels ]
    Quote Originally Posted by johns
    On an anti bump steer there are no floating tie rods to wear out. It could be a bad helm joint or something loose.
    [/quot

to clarify I was suggesting his problem might be other things before investing in a bump steer kit

I appreciate any and all comments and suggestions. At first I thought it had to do with the super wide pirelli's on the rear. I thought maybe they were just catching a grove in the road and jerking the car to that side. I have checked all the nuts and bolts and the ball joints seem ok as well. I did notice that if I jack up the rear and get the tires off the ground I can grab the rear tire and push and pull it and it seems to move about an inch or so back and forth. The play seems to be at the tie rod end connected at the engine craddle. So thats why I bought the new polyurethene bushings. Which I haven't put in yet. It's just to cold here in Connecticut to work under the car even in the garage.