Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for suggestions: foam pad black.

Looking for suggestions: foam pad black.

Good moring folks,

Am in need of finding some foam padding for my build. Imagine some material like a mouse pad but about 1/2" thick preferably in black. Been looking everywhere and haven't found something just right. Lowes does sell a set of four large foam pads which fits together like a jigsaw puzzle, each piece is about 18" square and its $18.00 a set. Problem is it is grey and I would have to paint it with ruberized black paint and am afraid paint would come off before to long. I could use rubber material also I guess. Been racking my brain and finally have decided to the wise Yodas of the forum. I need just one piece about 12" x 10". Thanks for looking guys.

michael
    Building a F40 replica, 4.9 caddy, 5 speed.

Re: Looking for suggestions: foam pad black.

I will check at work tomorrow ...thought I had some pieces lying around ...john

John,

Thanks alot and hope you find some. ;D

michael

Quote Originally Posted by mikebrnch
    Good moring folks,

Am in need of finding some foam padding for my build. Imagine some material like a mouse pad but about 1/2" thick preferably in black. Been looking everywhere and haven't found something just right. Lowes does sell a set of four large foam pads which fits together like a jigsaw puzzle, each piece is about 18" square and its $18.00 a set. Problem is it is grey and I would have to paint it with ruberized black paint and am afraid paint would come off before to long. I could use rubber material also I guess. Been racking my brain and finally have decided to the wise Yodas of the forum. I need just one piece about 12" x 10". Thanks for looking guys.

michael
    I was at Harbor Freight today and remember walking by that same jigsaw puzzle stuff you were talking about and it did come in black, although I didn't notice what the price was.

Sounds like you're talking about NEOPRENE. You can get it at an upholstery shop, or any foam supply store.
    I wish you had posted this request sooner,- I just threw away a 36"X120" roll of the stuff 2 weeks ago, because I was tired of moving it around and trying to find some place to store it!
    Without talent experience is worthless

What's the application you will be using it for. I have some sheets of black rubber matting 1/2inch thick with a wrinkle top finish that I used around my sills. Very flexible, cuts nice with a straight edge razor.

Quote Originally Posted by MURCI-ME
    Sounds like you're talking about NEOPRENE. You can get it at an upholstery shop, or any foam supply store.
    I wish you had posted this request sooner,- I just threw away a 36"X120" roll of the stuff 2 weeks ago, because I was tired of moving it around and trying to find some place to store it!
    I wish I had the mind set to throw things away. I have to move soon just to have more room for all the treasures (junk) I have accumulated over the years. Soon as I throw something away, I find I could have used it for something.

found some but was only 1/4 " thick ...john

Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver
    I just threw away a 36"X120" roll of the stuff 2 weeks ago, because I was tired of moving it around and trying to find some place to store it!
    Soon as I throw something away, I find I could have used it for something.
    Aint that the truth.. I threw away a whole bunch of 1/4" thick plexiglass pieces about 20x48 inches two weeks ago(about 50 pieces) and then last week my friend started making game tables and asked if I still have the plexi around.. I dug up a few pieces at work but the stuff I threw away would have been perfect for what he needs.. I got sick of moving it around in my garage for the last two years and just when I throw it away I find a perfect use for it. >

Maybe mousepad material is a bad example. I need something firmer than neoprene, sorry. I had a small pad of the stuff a few years ago and threw it away. It has been suggested by a buddy of mine to use at the ends of attaching the carbon wing to the fiberglass ends.

"I was at Harbor Freight today and remember walking by that same jigsaw puzzle stuff you were talking about and it did come in black, although I didn't notice what the price was."

I'll stop by my local harbor frieght and take a look at what they got. Was it about 1/2" thick?

michael