Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for Ari

Question for Ari

Hey Ari,

I was looking at your ad on Kitcars.com and I saw that you had a lot of cool accessories like the gated shifter and ferrari badges and aluminum decals.

are these replicas or the real things? both?

where can i order the same stuff?

Thanks,
    FerrariMPH

p.s. does any one else have any info on where to get this stuff, too?

Re: Question for Ari

I sold Ari the gated shifter and the aluminum lables are sold by Rodney Dickman (www.thefierostore.com). I can sell you Authentic badges, lenses and lights. Even real steering wheels, mirrors, wheels, interior panels and vents, even glass!

I'm still bummed that Ari is postponing his 355 project.

DKOV -

DKOV - What sort of price are ya getting for the gated shifters or where can they be bought, thanks. Jason

Thanks DKOV,

think you can put up a price list for reference if I need to buy anything from you?

Thanks,
    FerrariMPH

JDolf...

I'm actually making a newer version of that shifter gate... It will include the shift ball as well. Authentic reproduction of the original and will work with the Fiero shift linkage.

Here's a pic of the prototype...

I am having the gates made now. So far it looks like the cost is running upwards of $50 or more in these limited quantities.

If you notice, there are SEVEN gates, as on a real F355. The 7th gate, the "L" shaped gate to the left is for reverse on the real car and is simply not used when instlled in the Fiero. All the other gates are used but 6th gear is actually Reverse.

Note also that the Shifter ball is exact to the authentic 355 ball.

The only thing I have not done yet is the Scuderia Cavellino etching in the upper left hand corner of the shifter plate. But I'll get that worked out in time. A nice silver sticker would look great there in the interim.

There is also the Euroshifter sold by many a company. Looks like this...

Pretty cool too. I could arrange purchse of this for you or it would be just as easy for you to find one as well.

--------

FerrariMPH...

I don't have a fixed price list as the parts are not always easy to come by. What I generally do for people is locate a part they are looking for and then quote them. Depending on the parts uniqueness or difficulty in locating them, the Ferrari parts dealers I work with will adjust the price. Not on all items but on some. Wheels for instance seem to range from $2500 to $4000 depending on the season and bility but AVERAGE around $3500 for a used set and over $5000 for a new set.

Lights, badges and interior switches are pretty fixed but can also waiver $20 or so.

The best bet is to shoot me a list and let me get on the phone with my parts guys. Then I can get back to you with a quote. You need a Reseller ID to buy from Ferrari Direct and I've got that coverd.

I can't always find what you are looking for either. I'd like to be able to say I have a 100% locating rate but some parts are just much to rare. I will try my best though

Let me know if I can help,

DKOV -

Looks like there's no need for my input, as DKOV has covered it all

Sorry bud... If you want, I can go back end edit it all out

PLEASE keep your kit project!!! :'(

DKOV -

DKOV: do you have any access to used Ferrari parts?
    ie, a fairly new (but used) F355 exhaust left at a dealership if a person upgraded to a tubi exhaust etc?

if not.. how much are new F355 exhaust setups?

thanks!

DKOV,

You listed the Fiero Store's website after Rodney Dickman's name.

Rodney has great stuff and unfortunately the Fiero Store is hurting him by copying some of his items that he worked hard to develop.

It is Rodney that has the stickers and labels. His website is www.rodneydickman.com

DKOV,

You listed the Fiero Store's website after Rodney Dickman's name.

Rodney has great stuff and unfortunately the Fiero Store is hurting him by copying some of his items that he worked hard to develop.

It is Rodney that has the stickers and labels. His website is www.rodneydickman.com

Did you try the link? www.fierostore.com goes to the Fiero Store while www.thefierostore.com goes to Rodney's site.

And I totally agree... his stuff is GREAT!

DKOV -