Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: f40 build

f40 build

Ok I will attempt to build a F40 Lm style. I bought a body from Jimmys Automotive and custom in Canada. They were really nice and helpfull..I bought a F40 kit thinking it was a regular kit but when I got it I already had the Lm front conversion...Man was I happy...So I will be building a full tube chassis with 4.6L engine attached to either a 930 transaxle or a 915..Not sure yet...Thats the plan. Any advice would be greatly appericiated..thanks Luke out

Re: f40 build

Sounds like you've got some bucks with an ambitious plan like that. You may want to check out Race Car Replicas chassis. They do some very high quality work and it may work for your application and be easier than contructing a tube frame from scratch. They've got chassis' and suspension for GT40, Ferrari P4, Lola T-70, Porsche 917. One of those should be pretty close.

http://race-car-replicas.com/rcrfacility.html
    Even the longest journey begins with the first step.

No bucks just desire to build a cool car.. thanks for the info...Luke

Won't a tube chassis cost a good amount of $$$$ as compared to fiero chassis?

It will cost a few bucks but I plan to build it. Therefore, I have a couple options since I have been researching it for a while. I can replicate a F40 chassis somewhat from the manual that I bought using corvette suspension. I also have access to a burned to a 308 chassis that I would have to copy and stretch and widen the suspension or off set the wheels. I also have a set of mid engine chassis plans that I have been looking at for ideas. The plan so far is to rebuild the 308 chassis because of the stretch and width aspect, redesign the hubs in the rear using corvette C5 hubs because a 5x108 or 5x4.25 bolt pattern is crazy to find wheels. At least that is what is going on in my head... So we will see. It will be a fun project. Later Luke

I think Don on this forum may be interested in selling his tube frame, it looks kewl.

Jack

any more info on that F40 kit from Jimmys Automotive and custom, im looking to build a kit car but am having troube finding a kit car in canada, any help would be appreciated

HI Here is their website they also can make new rear windows..thanks Luke

http://www.jimmysautomotiveandcustom...erformance.htm

Hi , as it is an LM style F40 you're building then this site - http://hem.bredband.net/gotroho/f40.htm -
    could be of great interest to you . Updates are infrequent but seems to have an eye for detail and the skills to construct the necessary pieces and on the right track to turn out a very nice car .

Also as a source of deatil photos , this site is I think unique . - http://www.mototechnique.com/ -

Regards , Neil

Thanks these are great site...As soon as I figure out how to down load photos I will post...Later thanks again