Thread: Detailed 308/328 Pictures needed

Detailed 308/328 Pictures needed

Hi all, I am building an older 328 Ferr@ri kit and need some help. The vehicle has need been trimmed to size. I need detailed picture of the inner lip width of the wheel well area's as well as oictures taken through the back window. Currently now, I see big gaps between decklid and engine bay as well as looking into the rear fastback c pillars. Pics and any useful info can be sent to me, Mike at michaelmallery1@gmail.com. Thanks in advance.

Re: Detailed 308/328 Pictures needed

Mike;

I am not sure what you are asking in this request.

I have a set of 328 molds and panels that I can take pictures of for you but I am not sure what you are looking for?

Are you looking for what it looks like for a kit or the real thing? If the real thing, then google Ferrari 328 and start running through the thousnads of photos you will end up with.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

Don, Hi glad to hear from you. This is what I need and you sound like the guy to help me. I need to find a set of side window louvers for my 328 kit car as when I purchased the kit, they were gone. The other thing I need is some detailed pictures to show me how the inner fender wells of the 308/328 should look. My kit appears to be an older kit that required trimming as the wheel well lip is about almost 2 inches wide. I have looked at many pictures and they look to be about a 1/2 wide. I dont want to cut or trim anything until I ddetermine how much should remain. The other thing is, when I look the the rear window, I can see under the kit on all edges. the original fiero decklid sits a couple of inches lower than the Ferr@ri decklid, so I am interested on how that area, including the area that goes into the sport roof/fastback section should look. I need to know how door handles should be set up? What did people use for dew wipes on the kitcars as the door gets extended a good 3 inches longer than the original. If you can help me with any of this,I would be greatly apreciated. P.S if you have molds, I am interested in making my own needed pieces etc. thanks for everything, Mike

Mike;

I can probably help with some of the requests but I don't have the panels mounted on a Fiero right now so I won't be able to get some of the pics you are looking for. Other folks on here that have a 328/308 should be able to get you the mounted pics you are asking for.

My side louvers molds are in pretty bad shape overall with chips out of them and would require a fair amount of work to get them cleaned up to show straight and clean louvers.

A fellow in the Mall section, EVM_Rob, I believe has a good set of molds for the side louvers so you can contact him if you like. I have bought his 328/308 side markers and his quality is very good.

Fender wells;
    From what I remember, the fenders are a couple inches wider on the 328/308 kits than a stock Fiero so the wider fender strips are the gap fillers to get the panels to connect to the stock Fiero wheel wells. If you are looking to extend the stock fender wells out to match up to a 1/2" - 1" fender lip, cut the fender wells down the centre, attach the outer cut off section to the cut down fender lip and go get a black plastic garbage can, (yes a black garbage can), cut a wide enough strip out of the upper portion of the can to cover the new gap and screw the section in or rivet it in. If you are really anal about the look, do the work I just said and then make a fiberglass panel from the fender well, paint it with black rubberized undercoating to deaden the rocks hitting the glass and install. Lots of folks have used the black plastic gap filler with very good results.

Door handles.
    These are bit more interesting. The door handle on the kits are set up to be accessed through a hole cut in the body line in th edoor. To use this method, mount the door handle to a metal plate that is stiff enough to not flex when the handle is pulled and mount the metal plate down so the door handle will aligh on teh inside of the hole cut in the body line. If you go to the thread in "Funnywheels goes topless" in the technical section and search through the middle section of all the pages, you will see that Dave Newman has done the same arrangement for his 355.

Dew wipes;
    Not sure. I am curious as well. I would think, though that using stock Fiero wipes would suffice though as the side window remains stock therefore the same size.

Send me some pics to me at don_ostergard@shaw.ca showing what your C-pillar gaps and engine deck lid gaps are and I will see what to suggest.

Good luck and enjoy the build.

Don

Edit: Just found a pic of Dave's door handle configuration
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000QV

I can also help with various pics or a finished body if you need them. (If you are on the off chance... close to PA, you're more than welcome to stop by in person).

Brian
    Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
    Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.