Thread: Wheather stripping for G28 ???

Wheather stripping for G28 ???

Does any one know where I can find weather stripping for the G-28? Is there a part number or a source that I can use to find the weather stripping for the door trims and body?

Re: Wheather stripping for G28 ???

Quote Originally Posted by 6.0nut
    Does any one know where I can find weather stripping for the G-28? Is there a part number or a source that I can use to find the weather stripping for the door trims and body?
    Lambostuff.com but be warned Lamborghini will charge you an arm and a leg for a piece of rubber. On the coupe I priced out close to $5,000 worth of weather stripping! This is absolutely outrageous and I am going to research alternatives as well as see what the others do. I am especially keeping my eyes on Murcie-me to see what he does!

try woolies www.woolies-trim.co.uk they carry a lot of standard seal sections, the tough bit is the molded sections, but with a little work you can replicate those with some RTV

I think of the other forum someone suggested the F150 new models (2000 up)??
    I used the jetta 90s $25-50 for both

jcwhipme

The best weather stripping that I have found comes from a late model (98-00) Lincoln Continental, or Town Car. Reason being, the pieces are very long, very wide , and the right thickness. When the Murcie door closes on it, the weather stripping tends to spread, creating a great seal. Also, it has a black felt trim attached to it with a small flap that hides the edge of the carpet, and headliner. I tried the Jetta stripping, and didnt like the way it looked. I'll go out in the garage tonight and take pics of the Lincoln stripping installed, and another pic of some more simple stuff. I'm fixing some stuff on a friends car, and his doors were set not allowing for weather stripping. I had to find some real thin stuff so it wouldn't make the door bind.
    Without talent experience is worthless