Thread: What is EV??

Ethros

What is EV??

Ok i get the basics of it but in the UK nothing is really known about it. Can someone post savings etc benefits of an EV vehicle over a Petrol one. Might have to re think my design now. EV seems he way forward

O just to give you state side guys a laugh in the UK for a gallon of petrol is around $10 and you think you have it bad lol

Re: What is EV??

An EV is an Electric vehicle
    www.kikkerbikes.com

Ethros

Quote Originally Posted by FF355spider
    An EV is an Electric vehicle
    lol I know that part, i just wanted to know if someone can outline the benefits and pitfalls etc

The benefits are not having to pay for gas. The pitfalls are that the build cost is high and the range is limited.

I think you mean, how many Kilowatt Hours does it take to charge up an 'average' wet cell and dry cell set up that can say travel 100 miles?
    That way you can work out what that would cost you from the electric company and subsequently compare that to the price you would have paid for gas.
    Once you know that, you should be able to work out how long it would take to payback the additional set up cost assuming the price of gas and electricity are going to raise roughly proportionally...
    Yeah, I'd like to know that as well.
    Is BlackOps still around here? If not I can ask some of the 'sparkies' (Electrical Engineers) at work what they think based on BlackOps EV thread figures.

How to save cash and drive long distances.

http://www.greasecar.com/flashtour.cfm
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

I followed an old faded blue, spotted primer grey VW Jetta today. It was old with very faded paint, tree hugger stickers all over the back of the car with the www.greesecar.com web sit on the bumper.

I wanted to see how it sounded so at the traffic light I pulled up next to it. It seemed to run well but I was almost overcome with the urge to go to a fast food restaurant for some french fries. It smells just like a McDonalds pack of french fries.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.