Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New player, www.carkitinc.com

New player, www.carkitinc.com

Triangle G used to have the Porsche GT replica which I had intended to build, well, right before they stopped offering them. Now this company has bought those molds along with several others and is offering them. Here's the Porsche based on a Fiero frame...
    http://www.carkitinc.com/gt.php
    A few things about this company and car bother me somewhat. They call for a cut and stretch (about a foot) in the Fiero rolling chassis. I had always been told that if you were going to stretch a Fiero anywhere it should be within the engine/tranny cradle itself and that cutting up of the space frame was a big no, no. Any input from you guys here on that subject???
    Next I talked to these guys over the phone and asked ( I've done this a lot over the last 37 years of building kit cars for myself) if the build manual was available for sale ahead of buying the kit. The answer was no, soooo...okay, do guys supply a build manual with the car once you've bought the kit? The answer was no, we have a technical department that will answer your questions as you build the car. HUHHHHH???
    I've never built one car yet that didn't have a build manual (although some look like they were written by 3rd grade art students), build video, or at least step by step build pic.s. Sounds a little "seat of the pants" to me.
    Anybody had any dealings with this company yet?

Re: New player, www.carkitinc.com

Seems like a nice site. Has anyone ever purchased one of their kits?
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

I talked to Jackie for about 20 or 30 minutes and I felt like he was legitimate. I asked questions he did not know the asnwer to, he researched and a few hours later he called me back with the answers. He did not try to snow me. I told him what I was looking for, he did not have exactly what I wanted and he told me so. Most scammers always have what you are looking for, sometimes even if you change your mind, they will have it too. I have a hit 97 miata here that I inherited from the insurance company, if I can find the time I will buy one of the Z3 kits and let you know how the transaction goes.

I admire their business philosophy:
    YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR YOUR KIT UNTIL YOU ARRIVE TO PICK-UP YOUR KIT AT OUR FIBERGLASS SHOP. THAT WAY YOU CAN INSPECT THE WORKMANSHIP OF THIS FINE PRODUCT. A PRODUCT THAT WE ARE VERY PROUD TO OFFER AND ONE THAT WE STAND BEHIND WITH A 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE.
    If more manufacturers did business this way, we might overcome the negative press from the scammers and con artists in the kit car industry.

Bobi1

Quote Originally Posted by RHK
    I admire their business philosophy:
    YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR YOUR KIT UNTIL YOU ARRIVE TO PICK-UP YOUR KIT AT OUR FIBERGLASS SHOP. THAT WAY YOU CAN INSPECT THE WORKMANSHIP OF THIS FINE PRODUCT. A PRODUCT THAT WE ARE VERY PROUD TO OFFER AND ONE THAT WE STAND BEHIND WITH A 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE.
    If more manufacturers did business this way, we might overcome the negative press from the scammers and con artists in the kit car industry.
    100% agree!

Careful!!

They are using images of cars from several different kit car makers. That is usually the trademark of a scammer. But you can quickly call the bluff by simply saying that you want to come over and take a look at their operation.

If they won't let you, then walk away!!

Is this the car Black ops was trying to buy design copyrights for: http://www.carkitinc.com/embo.php

I've never known a scammer that did not sound legitimate over the phone... be care ful... do not send depostis unless they can guarantee a delivery date and if they guarantee a delivery date be very careful.

With DNA and EXTREME you can buy a kit.

Quote Originally Posted by PiMPaLiCiouS
    I've never known a scammer that did not sound legitimate over the phone... be care ful... do not send depostis unless they can guarantee a delivery date and if they guarantee a delivery date be very careful.

With DNA and EXTREME you can buy a kit.
    x2 + thumbs

Well, I'm tempted to move on this just because I think with several of the designs I've seen at his web site it may not be too long before he gets a visit from some err.... OEM car companies... if you know what I mean! I really like that Porsche Gt and I mean it's not like I ever have to worry about saving up for a real one. Soooo... as I see it I'm gambling with $500 up front. I've already got an 88 Fiero GT waiting for it's 3800 SC swap. Seems like a natural set-up with this car kit. I'd go Boxster but feel like those motors are a little "iffy" if you're trying to mod. them.
    If I go with this company I'll detail my build and experience with them here and over at Pennocks and a few other sites.