Thread: Chassis Works are they any good? and other chassis plans?

Chassis Works are they any good? and other chassis plans?

Hey all,
    Found some time to look over the forums and noticed some great builds coming along as well as some one of designs, i also noticed chassisowkrsinc.com has chassis plans for the diablo for 249 which claim to come with:

Includes detailed prints for: Chassis Sheetmetal, Rear Suspension Pcs, Fuel cells, Modifications to C4 suspension pcs for front, Laser ready prints for all bracketry, Also includes shopping list for OEM components, PLUS helpful tips and tricks for mounting body!

It seems like a nice little chassis thats allready designed ready for USA donor vehicle parts, i can see a few areas i would add a little strenght but on the whole it seems like a simple design easily built and if the advertisement is right and it does include sheet metal prints, donor lists etc it would be good value.
    Has anyone purchased one of these, is this a legitimate company, what format does it come in and any other remarks would be appreciated.

Also has anyone come accross any free plans yet for mid mount or front mount ie cobra typle chassis plans for any vehicle (other than the webguy stuff)
    thanks
    jonesy

Re: Chassis Works are they any good? and other chassis plans?

I can tell you it is a great set of plans and Mike is an exceptional vender. The plans are well documented and straight forward, you build in subsections and then weld the subsections together. Mike Orlando operates the company and our transactions have been nothing short of an absolute pleasure. You will not find a better bargain.

what chassis is better and more similar to original the chassis work or the NAERC? Thanks

Those questions should probably be addressed to each of them but Chassisworks chassis is not a "replica" chassis it is his own design. The NAERC is a replica of the original. With that said I will ruffle some feathers. That does not mean one is supperior to the other just that they are different. There is no such thing as utopia, there is give and take with everything. The original lambo chassis was not great at torsional rigidity from what I have studied. That is why even with superior horsepower the race version only did so-so. Only you can decide what is best for your situation. I am not a stickler for every finite detail to be correct. If I wanted a 100% correct diablo, I would buy a real one.