Thread: a new topic "probably" never discussed

a new topic "probably" never discussed

i would really love to fill in my wheels with good brakes and the c5's 13" does ok buy the c6 z06 has 14.1"front and 13.6rear compared to the lambos 15-14.... would these c6 rotors fit or will they hit the strut tower, im sure someone with 13" will probably be the only ones to know for sure but feel free to advise..by the way i have a 85 fiero with s10 4x4 hubsand ciera upright....Thanx

JD

Re: a new topic "probably" never discussed

I think there are limitations with the current suspensions available. The more research I do it seems even the Naerc wide track systems are off. Over the past week I have been looking into custom chassis shop with custom hot rod suspensions. It seems like it may be the same or actually cheaper then a wide track suspension setup and it will be 100% spot on. I'm still not 100% sure what route I go but I will be sure to keep everyone advised and of what I do and how I did it.

JD: The weak spot on the front end will be the Fiero "A" arms and spindles. They tend to twist with big brakes. Held can help you with this.

Dave
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

i am definately going with held, i was just checking for rotor clearance, and i got my hubs and uprights today! thanks for the help.

this is what im looking for!14.1" stuffs this 18" wheel like a thansgiving turkey!! ;D

Here is an inboard picture of mine. The Z06 is a direct bolt-on in place of the C-5 two piston floating calipers. The wheel needs to be big enough and spaced enough for the outer edge of the caliper. I made 3/8" spacers with hub pilots.

Cheers;
    Jim