Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Countach wheels and tires

Countach wheels and tires

Hello again everyone. I was researching wheels today and found this Centerline wheel on another project. Anyone know what style it is? I could use some advice on inexpensive wheel and tire combinations also. I know I am looking for 15x8 front, 15x12 rear, 5 on 100mm?, 5 on 4 1/2?. I think I read that the rear of the 88 fiero needed a 41mm offset and the front was 35mm. What measurements do I want to get for when I call Centerline about the wheels? The tires are sticking out of the wells on the rear with the wheels and adaptors that the previous owner mounted. Any suggestions on the tires? Thanks in advance again guys! 8)

mikeo

Re: Countach wheels and tires

Hi There, if I remember right, those were champ 500 wheels from Centerline. I don't know if they make them anymore, but call centerline or Summit racing, they can give you the low down..

kitcarnut

Centerline 500,but the back space it could be different.every body style could vary specialy if splash after splash . on rear you need 12" rim (345/35/15 tires) front 8" rim (225/50/15) 5X100 bolt.check your clearance on rear 1/4.you dont want the tires hit the flares. usuly is 3.5" front back space and 4" rear back space. cheaper way, reduced rear 1/4 flares and maybe like 10' rims. also the tires will be lot less . Check with Motorsport Specialties for rims 1 800 621 8408.and they can do any back/offset .

Go figure,,,,,,,These are the wheels already on the kit I just bought! I really like the wheels except for one problem. The tires are sticking out of the wheel well in the rear. I don't know why the previous owner went with the adaptors instead of getting the fiero lugs. Anyway, the adaptors appear to be about 2" thick. Are there thinner adaptors out there? That 1 and 1/2" would be all I would need to get them back in the wells. Do I need to look at getting a different offset? I haven't really looked at them too good yet to see what I realy want to do. Just got it in the garage last night and had to fix my wifes explorer after work and then erradicate a damned Brasil.pif virus that made it through McAffee viruscan! Damned real life is getting in the way of my fun!
    Thanks for the quick info guys. I always know someone has an answer on this forum. 8)

kitcarnut

go to next forum Spyders wheel spacers. Fred will help you.

:'( Here is a pick of the problem. I like these wheels even though they are not correct. I guess I will have to replace them though before I can lower the body. This pick is with it torqued down tight on the truck and the rears are against the flares. The fronts seem ok though. Wonder if I could get some matching with better offsets? Anyway, plenty to do in the mean time! ;D

kitcarnut

you should also check front tires for clearence ,turn steering to left and right see if you have some room for bump travel. also I think I had to grind off some the control arm (just a bit) or something can't remember what to get clear full turn.

Larrybud
    First, congratulation on your car it looks good and it looks like it's one of the IFG.
    About the fact that the tires "stick out of the wheel wells" they are supposed to at least if you are trying to go for the "factory look". From the pic the car looks like the wheels are where they should be, but then againg maybe I cant see it correctly from the pic.
    I am in the process of getting spacers for my car and from my measurement I will need 1.5 spacers. Hear is how I measure mine:
    1- put tape on floor to mark were tire sits
    2- jack up car by control arm (just to bearly get tire off grown) remove wheel and place in location where you want it to sit, and put tape on floor .( in your case you might have to take the spacer off to be able to get tire further in.
    3- measure distance from tape to tape, and that should give you the size of the spacer.

note: I was very carefull where I placed the tape in relation to where the sidewall of the tire sit to be able to get a correct measurement, plus I also had two other people give me their opinion. My wheels sit inside the flares and believe me that does not look correct at all.
    the top of the tire should be right under the edge of the flare and about 1/3 to 1/2 of the lower tire stick out of the flare at the back on the real one. I think your might be sitting correctly but like I said I am only going by that one pic. Hope some of this was of some help.

ps If you can, post a few more pic to have a better look of you car and a little info on it.

Thanks to everyone for the information. After calling centerline and checking around with other places, It looks like I am going to be stuck ordering the $1700 rims,,,,,,ouch! I am putting this on the back burner for now and will start tackling the other thousand things that I could be doing. My adaptors are 1 1/4" thick and fit the 5 on 4 1/2" rims. No one thought I was going to be able to find 5 on 100m rear wheel drive wheels from anyone out there. Anyone with a better option please let me know. I found some 345/35/15 tires for $107 each and don't know if I want to buy them now before they go out of stock. If I go with 15x10 rims instead of 15x12 then these tires will not fit on the rim.,,,,,,,,,,Oh the termoil,,,,,,,Thus,,,,I must move on,,,,,,,,,,Fair thee well brave souls! 8)

:-/ turmoil?,,,,,tearmoil?,,,,,,,,tourmoil?,,,,,,,,Doo ooh! My kingdom for a dickshanary! ;D