Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: closest exhaust sound to real thing?

closest exhaust sound to real thing?

What is the best way to get a closer sound to a exotic car engine?

for example, if I put a Ferrari muffler in a cadillac engine will sound the same as in a Ferrari?
    or maybe a higher rev engine like a Honda engine which has more revs?

what is the best way to get a nice sound close to real without spending thousands of dollars?

Best regards

JELP

Re: closest exhaust sound to real thing?

See these threads:

http://www.madmechanics.com/technica...o-murci-sound/

http://www.madmechanics.com/technica...original-v-12/

http://www.madmechanics.com/technica...iablo-replica/

http://www.madmechanics.com/general-kitcar-chat/real-lambo-sound-for-a-lambo-replica!/

8)

How about using an AUDI V8 with a Ferrari muffler? Extreme mentioned that the Ferrari 360's unique sound comes from the muffler/exhaust box. Try this set up and see what the results will be.

TTT

Quote Originally Posted by MURCenary
    See these threads:

http://www.madmechanics.com/technica...o-murci-sound/

http://www.madmechanics.com/technica...original-v-12/

http://www.madmechanics.com/technica...iablo-replica/

http://www.madmechanics.com/general-kitcar-chat/real-lambo-sound-for-a-lambo-replica!/

8)

Thanks, Ive read them, but most of them are talking about V12 engines, supra engines with titanium parts, 350Z engines, and stuff like that. ( I have no budget to spend in that :'()

Im looking for a more simple and easy way, Im really amazed by the wonderful result of Extreme with the peugeot, Its a extremely well done car, in a easy way to make it, with a REAL TERRIFIC result, and of course, the passion sound included!.

As I said, I want to achieve something close to the Extreme result, without having to buy a V12, an Audi V8 or titanium supra engine.
    I want to try the OEM Ferrari exhaust in my accord, to see if it gives a nice sound, I will buy one in my next trip to USA, Here I cant find any Ferrari original parts for sale. I asked because I assume maybe someone is looking for a similar result with low budget ;D

Best regards.

There isn't any solution for the sound. It is in the mechanical design of the engine. maybe you could download something for an iPod that would work through your headphones?
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Sorry but if you think anything on a lambo build is or will be a low budget you need to really reconsider your budget. I am sure a ferrari muffler is not going to be low budget either. I see all these threads regarding trying to replicate the sound of the real thing. These cars take so much time to build and so much money that I wouldn't worry about such trival items as engine sound. You will never duplicate the sound of a V12 as mentioned many times before. it is the 12 engine pulses that makes the exotic sound not the muffler. I would be more concerned by getting the entire vehilce mocked up, before I would care about the exhaust note.

When you have to build your exhaust you may find yourself making a selection based on what muffler actually fits the space and not by how it sounds.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by msaby
    Sorry but if you think a lambo build is or will be a low budget you need to really reconsider your budget. I am sure a ferrari muffler is not going to be low budget either. I see all these threads regarding trying to replicate the sound of the real thing. These cars take so much time to build and so much money that I wouldn't worry about such trival items as engine sound. You will never duplicate the sound of a V12 you can only make an educated guess what the real one sounds like and unless you have the vehicles side by side you will not know. I would be more concerned by getting the entire vehilce mocked up, before I would try an experiment with the exhaust note.

When you have to build your exhaust you may find yourself making a selection based on what muffler actually fits the space and not by how it sounds.

Mike
    so what would a 350 chevy v8 and a ferrari 328 muffler sound like

It won't sound like a ferrari! Think about it, if I took a muffler from a camaro and put it on a toyota is that going to make it sound like a camaro?

Quote Originally Posted by christoforo
    Sorry but if you think a lambo build is or will be a low budget you need to really reconsider your budget. I am sure a ferrari muffler is not going to be low budget either. I see all these threads regarding trying to replicate the sound of the real thing. These cars take so much time to build and so much money that I wouldn't worry about such trival items as engine sound. You will never duplicate the sound of a V12 you can only make an educated guess what the real one sounds like and unless you have the vehicles side by side you will not know. I would be more concerned by getting the entire vehilce mocked up, before I would try an experiment with the exhaust note.

Mike
    Like a 350 chevy. The only way to change the sound is to change the pulses. That can only be done one of 3 ways:

1) Flat plane crank like in the ferrari
    2) 180* headers, but that only changes it a little
    3) extreamly high RPM's plus one of the above

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianBurton
    Quote Originally Posted by christoforo

Mike
    Like a 350 chevy. The only way to change the sound is to change the pulses. That can only be done one of 3 ways:

1) Flat plane crank like in the ferrari
    2) 180* headers, but that only changes it a little
    3) extreamly high RPM's plus one of the above
    how would you change the rpms
    and where would i get the right crank if that even will work