Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fiero Engine setup.

Fiero Engine setup.

My Fiero is at the chassis shop and I am wondering if someone can do me a favor. Can someone measure the complete length of the engine going sideways so I can see if the 350Z engine will fit? This has been a struggle for me, months and months of thinking and I am about to crack that bottle! I dont want to get too excited because if this doesnt fit I will be back to the drawing board. This will fool anybody, have a hear!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AQjgCDT-vw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7VFugpVNCw

Re: Fiero Engine setup.

the 350z with a borla exhaust sounds really ferrarish!

Faker,

This sounds great. As I've said before, with so many after market exhaust systems available, with more to come. All OEM murcielago's don't sound the same. However, this sound here will further prevent any onlooker watching with their jaw dragging to even give birth to the notion of a "kitcar" sorry, my bad "Custom Manufactured Exotic Sports Car".

I'm sure the engine will fit without a problem, I mean, they're putting v8's back there, I've done it. But a 350z engine in a Fiero? If you're in california it's not legal, by any means. Trust me, I know. If you're going to do it, put it in a tubular chassis with a porsche trans. Don't forget, the Nissan motor is a CAN system which is past OBD2 and it will "freak out" and go into a "limp mode" if you just unplug the abs brakes from the car. So you'll have to get a standalone ecm and a custom tune. It's definately going to be my next project, but with an LP body and a tubular chassis and a couple turbos, may as well do it right. You are right, it is the perfect motor

Quote Originally Posted by jvdcustomdesigns
    I'm sure the engine will fit without a problem, I mean, they're putting v8's back there, I've done it. But a 350z engine in a Fiero? If you're in california it's not legal, by any means. Trust me, I know. If you're going to do it, put it in a tubular chassis with a porsche trans. Don't forget, the Nissan motor is a CAN system which is past OBD2 and it will "freak out" and go into a "limp mode" if you just unplug the abs brakes from the car. So you'll have to get a standalone ecm and a custom tune. It's definately going to be my next project, but with an LP body and a tubular chassis and a couple turbos, may as well do it right. You are right, it is the perfect motor

I want to keep the same automatic transmission so I can use Murci-Me's paddle shifters. I'm not in California and my car wont be the most legal but that really is the least of my concerns! What if I get an AEM computer will that make everything work fine? Will it still fit with the stock Fiero transaxle with the motor going in sideways?

I dont think the Fiero tranny will bolt up to 3.5 z , and I dont think you'll get the same sound out of it.

it's the lenght of the pipes that makes it's harmony. since mid engine the exhaust pipes are very short and on top of with, you wanna it side ways. there one exhaust pipe will be longer.

my opinion only.

btw I'm building tube chassis Roadsterw 3.8 S/C and instaled a OEM Murcilago muffler and it does not mean I'll get the same sound out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by 0rcc
    I dont think the Fiero tranny will bolt up to 3.5 z , and I dont think you'll get the same sound out of it.

it's the lenght of the pipes that makes it's harmony. since mid engine the exhaust pipes are very short and on top of with, you wanna it side ways. there one exhaust pipe will be longer.

my opinion only.

btw I'm building tube chassis Roadsterw 3.8 S/C and instaled a OEM Murcilago muffler and it does not mean I'll get the same sound out of it.
    Yeah I would definitely need an adapter plate made. Hopefully a custom exhaust will solve the problem. Motorcycles have short tubes and they sound great!

faker
    dont worry about the exhaust.it will sing just like you heard mine do.get the other stuff worked out

FAKER,

You may want to reconsider the 350z engine. The Toyota v8 rocks!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-piEj...eature=related Also, out the box these motors rev up to 6500 rpms.

Tommy, the video is taken inside the LP640. The Toyota Supra, which has about 40/50grand invested into it(last time i checked the forum) has a Turbo, B.O.V. etc. sounds nothing like a exotic car. It sounds like a heavily modified import, which is exactly what it is. It has around 1000rwhp, which by the time you achieve that much horsepower, your insurance will be higher then that of a lp640.

as well, the guy driving the Toyota supra, also owns the LP640, he lives in Panama. That was his first time racing against his own lp640.

here is the video of the supra on a Dyno, its about 1080rwhp, and burnt out on a dyno.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrX_J...eature=related