Thread: Cnc Router

Cnc Router

Anyone out there that knows how to build a hobby cnc router table 5'x8'? Looking to build one during the winter or better yet pay someone to build it for me if they know how.

Re: Cnc Router

best thing can do,,,,

www.cnczone.com

free plans and all kinds of free info,,,something like 150,000 members

yeah cnczone is a great place to start. There are a lot of plans on the net to build yourself, and they are no longer that difficult with electronics being packaged ready to plug and play. I have built 2 cnc mills and both have worked excellent. you can build yourself pretty much anything and there may even be people on that forum that will build one for you, however there are lots of cnc routers complete for sale in their classified section.
    355 Build progress&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; http://www.kosracing.com/projects/Fiero/<br />http://www.pocketbikeuniverse.com/bannerkos.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rev & ton
    Ask Mike (turmite from the forum), he knows a lot about CNC and would help if he have enough time.
    Or better yet, ask nicely and he might sell you his at a bargin! ;D I am wanting to build 3 new machines, one of which will be a 5 axis for this type work, but I need two or possibly three much smaller machine for my other work!

If prototype2 is who I think he is, we may have already talked! ???

Mike

nope, I dont think we have never talked before. I'm going to need a cnc for inhouse production of new bodies and whatever I can think of coming up with, will need a machine before Dec. Just need a machine to mill out foam pieces so I dont have to do them by hand no more.

Hi prototype2,

Nope, I discovered after I posted, that you were not the person I had in mind. I do know who you are now though! ;D

If you are interested in the machine, pm me. In it's current config it has about 6" of z axis clearance, but can easily be modified to allow more.

Mike