Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LP640 egear plate

LP640 egear plate

if i make these who wants to buy one and would you rather have carbon fiber or original finish

Re: LP640 egear plate

Or you could have it finished in original and leave it to the individual to customise to color/carbon.
    Cause this days there's quite alot of different color carbon fibres & weave pattern around so you see....

I'll take one in brushed aluminum finish

Rod

ill try to get a pricing on replicating it soon. and will let hughes make carbon fiber for himself and others

thanks greenmeansgo. Thats really nice of u. oh...did u check with murcie-me if he already got one? LOL...u cant predict that man....he's a half living god...u just won't know what else he got to shock us in surprise...

here's some carbon part from a LP640 i took from ebay sometimes ago.
    pictures for brain damaging purpose

greenmeansgo, do u think
    we are the desperados who didnt pay attention on the kit building,
    but desperately buying small items instead..LOL ;D
    keys, floor mat and such which is not necesary for the early stages of the project.....LOL....
    something wrong with my brain....keep on buying small non-related parts....
    but just cant help it. My supra is still stuck with me....
    and afraid that those goodies will not come by again...

I'm interested if the price is right for a possible future change to an automatic paddle shift.

Green,

Fantastic job... I know without a doubt that this piece would absolutely look astonishing in the factory carbon fiber setting.

To clarify everything about factory pieces in carbon fiber...
    High end automotive manufactures make a very defined decision when designing the vehicle and its aesthetics, especially when it comes to carbon fiber. For lack of a better word, it would be Tacky for lets say, Lamborghini to use multiple weaves though out the carbon details of one of their vehicles, so they choose what best fits their needs, and they stick with it.

As an answer to Coughinblood, you are correct that there are many weaves of a carbon cloth, along with aramid and hybrid fibers where they color a lesser quality kevlar and intertwine the color into a carbon woven cloth. But in regards to this E-Gear piece, I would only use a 282-3K-PW carbon fiber cloth as it is what Lamborghini has chosen for the Murcielago LP640.

Too many times you can search for aftermarket carbon fiber parts and the company will use a very common 284-3k-TW 2x2 Twill pattern. It almost disgusts me to see a aftermarket carbon piece for a lamborghini or Ferrari that didn't use the factory weave and cloth pattern. Without matching the factory pattern, you have just created a piece that doesn't belong aesthetically in the original design of the vehicle, and won't match anything the factory has set in place as carbon accents.

Green, I would be more than happy to assist you in the replication of that piece. As you know, the carbon version will be absolutely breath taking, and if you would like to make a "brushed aluminum" look with out having the piece machined, I have a friend that has painted all of my hotrods for me in the past... he is absolutely brilliant and has a painting technique up his sleeve that would give this piece the appearance of brushed aluminum, but is actually a composite material that has been painted.

When I get the molds made, I'll make a couple of pieces and send one to him so you can see what I am talking about, and see if it will work and look right for those that are seeking the aluminum look.

-Hughes

if i'm not mistaken, PW is mostly used on interior.
    while TW is for the exterior since the weaves is big enough to expose and flash to others like the zonda. they are really big...wonder if those are 4K or more than that....the one on zonda is really stuning for exterior....

isnt it cool when u were asked what's colour is your murc?
    "oh, mine is without paint. But they are carbon-ed"...LOL

so, its not a surprise when we see Hughes with murci fully wraped with carbon in future...

i payed alot for this one "taking one for the team" you could say. but no one had one so i figured wed need it. im not trying to profit off it just get everyone taken care of as usaul. i find some people return that kindness later

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmeansgo
    i payed alot for this one "taking one for the team" you could say. but no one had one so i figured wed need it. im not trying to profit off it just get everyone taken care of as usaul. i find some people return that kindness later
    with this method, we make a strong team and can save alot.
    as for some big and expensive part, i think we can share it when the number of the team grows...good eh? ;D...