fletch's extreme 360 build diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fletch's extreme 360 build diary

hi i started the project in may but only just found this forum now so i'll post up the pics i've been taking throughout the project.

Re: fletch's extreme 360 build diary

i have loads more pics but i didn't know how quick it would load the page if there was too many

Comment

nice job mate,,,your almost finished!
      wanna ask you about the front lights,did you cut them off?and the you'll install them later with lights?
      nice pics.

Comment

the lights fit in after i have painted the car they get bonded into the wings. there is planty of rubbing down and filling to do i've just been a bit lazy lately i'm going to have to have a good week next week and maybe i'll be putting some primer on.

Comment

nice build how long did it take to do all that i seam to be takeing ages and i am still behind everyone on here keep putting pics on as they help

Comment

i have put in a lot of hours to get it like this i'm not an experienced person at doing this so it will take me longer but i sold my house just before the house prices started to fall, made a bit of money, so i have given up work for the summer mainly to get this project done but to be honest lately i havent been spending a lot of time in the garage. i'm going to get back on it today.

Comment

hey fletch, we need the car finished by next year for the shows ;D ;D ;D
              there are 4 of us with 360's, 1 murcie and a 355. picture this-----booze, food and babes. he he. except my wife will be doing the shows too :-\

Comment

i want to get it done within a month really, but i have been saying that for the last 2 months he he. i was planning on spraying it myself but all the rubbing down is starting to do my head in so i might just get it in the bodyshop for them to do all the smoothing out and spraying.

Comment

hey the show sounds good i will be looking foword to that

Comment

my photobucket album with all my pics
                    http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k452/leef100/

Comment

good progress fletch. How did the cutting of the engine cover work out in the end??

Comment

hi fletch....nice work mate
                        i been watching your build and wating to see the final pics of your 360
                        keep up the good work

Comment

not good i've just emailed extreme to see if they would send me a new engine cover as i've just fitted the metal trims undernieth and it looks awful.

Comment

Comment

was the lid sticking up proud before the steel plates were put onto the frame. If not, just remove them. Get someone outside the car to tell you that all is flush, go inside the car, put the seal onto the plates and offer them upto the lid, just enough compression for a seal and not too much so that it pushes the lid up. Dont be afraid of trimming the plates to suite the profile of the underside of the lid, coz youve now altered it.

Ask your self this, why did you have to cut the engine lid in the 1st place, is something out with you?? My guess is the new lid will be the same.

The lid is fixed first, then the angle lengths, say 10mm from the lid edges, then the quarter panels are fitted. Hope this helps. Although you probably knew all this from the vid

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X