Enzo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Enzo

I cant see that working as the engine is too far forward and high up also the seating position is wrong (too far back), the suspension will get in the way of the body as well. You need a mid-engined car with wishbone suspension all round, like the NSX is the perfect donor.

Comment

There will probably be a few problems on it, but I believe it is capable of being done on a prelude. A few years ago I saw a murcielago based on a dodge neon, and a gallardo spider based on a dodge stratus, so this may even be possibly. I wish him best of luck!

Comment

Suspension will be changed and the engine will be going in the rear. New dash also etc so this will sort the point of moving the windscreen and seating position forward.

Comment

I'm interested in seeing the build and end results of it.

remeber nothing is writen in stone, think outside the box!

best of luck on the build.

Comment

hey proto wots this a rev run inspirational moment......"think outside the box to get into the box".............with the amount of work involved in transfering the engine to the rear and changing the suspension to wishbone type wud it not be more cost effective to start with a spaceframe chassis..... or start with a mid engine type car.....or maybe theres other reasons why u want to start with a front engined donor...(registration)..... before outlaying to much sit back and think through ur project completly first..... like all enzo lovers i wud absolutly to see this kit driving on this side of the pond..........have you considered the chassis off the valeno, available in the uk to order...
            althought the chassis is set up for using the mr2 as a donor iam sure with slight modification it could suit ur application..........also i see problems with moving the seating position forward and lower in the prelude as that means the steering and pedals wud have to be moved also, in effect the front firewall wud need to be moved forward.....again think this through fully and as the right honourable rev run has said "think outside the box to get into the box".....

really hope to see the build in progress no matter wot way u deceide to progress towards ur goal

Comment

Wouldn't this be easier?
              Attached Files
              [url]http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/build-diaries/8454-my-official-ad355-build-thread-sactodreamer.html[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by kitmanic
                hey proto wots this a rev run inspirational moment......"think outside the box to get into the box".............with the amount of work involved in transfering the engine to the rear and changing the suspension to wishbone type wud it not be more cost effective to start with a spaceframe chassis..... or start with a mid engine type car.....or maybe theres other reasons why u want to start with a front engined donor...(registration)..... before outlaying to much sit back and think through ur project completly first..... like all enzo lovers i wud absolutly to see this kit driving on this side of the pond..........have you considered the chassis off the valeno, available in the uk to order...althought the chassis is set up for using the mr2 as a donor iam sure with slight modification it could suit ur application..........also i see problems with moving the seating position forward and lower in the prelude as that means the steering and pedals wud have to be moved also, in effect the front firewall wud need to be moved forward.....again think this through fully and as the right honourable rev run has said "think outside the box to get into the box".....really hope to see the build in progress no matter wot way u deceide to progress towards ur goal
                It's not up too me to tell people what to do or what to put it on when they are building my kit. If he wants to put it on a prelude by all means he can do it. I do agree its a lot of work to relocate the engine to the rear, but its been done before so theres lots of references to guide you through it.

Comment

any news on your project pal?

best regards

Comment

Great Ideas here, I thought the lotus windshield would look pretty nice on this. I havent research it, but it is a thought.

Comment

any updates?
                      I plan on building an enzo with proto's kit also when i finish and sell the f40....

I was thinking of using a fiero stretched with a H22 Honda motor

Comment

8)

Comment

hows this build going? Curious

Comment

Any updates? ;D ;D ;D

Good job man, good job!!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget