No announcement yet.

*fill-up*'s Enzo BUILD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: prototype2 / *fill-up*'s Enzo Build!

Hey guys. I got the Light today. Just came back from vacation. Here are a few pics. Sorry about the butter...but I like soft butter...lol
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Whisper2Me
      Not bashing the product, but I think you rushed and bought the cover without thinking it over enough. It would have been better in my opinion if you just made your own that looks like the enzo engine. It wouldn't have been hard, you could have even used actual cross bars for that more real look. The cover u have now, has no "depth" or realism to it at all, it wouldn't take long to make a fake engine cover that has depth, etc. just some man hours and dedication.
      agreed, one could have been made up in about a weeks time or so, I'm not bashing the one you have now just isnt the right one for the replica.

Comment

:

Comment

front windshield came in today and is ineed of a new frame for it. If I can save the roof I will, but if it has to get chop than it has to be done, now just waiting for the mr2 to come back from stretching and than the fun begins!

Comment

Definitely can't wait till its all done and I get to drive it home!

Comment

thats looking good man! im still looking for my donor!

Comment

I paid $3k for mine :/

Comment

hiya fella,just wishing all the best on this build,im sure you cant wait to see it all startin to come together,should be all worthwhile in the end.
                  Again wishin you all the best
                  jon..

Comment

Thanks Jon!

I also wish you best of luck on your gallardo, its looking amazing!

Comment

• Re: prototype2 / *fill-up*'s Enzo Build!

Made a key today

**UPDATE ON CAR**
                      Prototype will be picking up from shop this week and starting work on installing the body

Comment

What windshield is that? Elise?

Mike

Comment

Lexan windshield from a 05 Lotus Elise, I went on LotusTalk forums and started a new post looking for a windshield, within minutes I got a phone call from this guy and he posted an ebay auction for me with it. I only paid $450

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...4537&viewitem=

Comment

Isn't a lexan windshield illegal for public roads. I think they should be laminated glass.
                            Just asking!

LarryG

Comment

Lexan windshields are typically use for off road + racing applications and are not DOT approved. What really sucks is that it scratches so easily and anyone who I know that has used it in windshield applications ends up replacing it because of the easy scratching from anything from dirt, bugs, etc............................here in GA, it would not pass annual State Emission Testing................ Good luck and really looking forward to the outcome of your "cool project"

Comment

Lexan was the only option at the time, waiting for a real glass windshield would set the build back 2 more weeks. with out the windscreen the car would have just been sitting there with a front clip installed and a stretch. That windscreen is key to have all the parts on the car.

The roof is coming off, a new window roof frame is being made.

Will have to make new door skins, the inside jam area, as the old mr2 doors wont work with the application. The car will be back here before thursday, than me and the team will be hard at work for the next couple days.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X