NISSAN MURANO BUILD FOR SEMA"as requested"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NISSAN MURANO BUILD FOR SEMA"as requested"

well let me first say a little about me.im a personal trainer,nutritionist,nutrition store manager and night club manager.i also care for my grandmother(93).my job choices allow me to make my own schedule and earn a great hourly wage. i am able to work limited hours,watch my grandma and still stay afloat.it doesnt leave me much free time to do what i love which is create custom cars and bikes.i have always liked kit cars/replicas but started this car thing by building low riders.i then built an ifg diablo and a ferr@ri f50.i sold the latter before it was completed.got an offer i couldnt refuse.then came the now 350z.i was the first person in my area to have one.i actually got mine from orange county before the dealer here had them.after about 6 months another black Z turned up and tried to steal my fire haha.couldnt have that so i rounded up some sponsors and started building.every thing on my 350z was either the first in the USA,prototype for US manufacturers or 1 off custom.it took 1 year to complete.i will post a couple pics of it.now comes my yamaha r1 and nissan murano(Z50).got a deal i couldnt refuse on both so i bought them.suv's arent my thing and neither are stock rides but i thought i wouldnt mind.turns out i hated it(stock vehicles) and had to do something about it.the murano is great but needed some original flavor.i could have gone dropped with 22 - 24 inch wheels or air bags but it had all been done on murano's.great custom stuff but not original.i like to go against the grain so i thought "what hasnt been done?" then a light bulb went on.i scoured the net and couldnt find what i had in mind.i could find a reference to a 1 off done in japan but no pics were to be found.SO I BRING YOU THE FIRST NORTH AMERICAN "LIFTED NISSAN MURANO"!! wait...what...but it has struts...why??? CAUSE THATS HOW I ROLL HAHA!!! this is phase 1 and there is more lift to come.so for now,350z pics and murano with the phase 1 two and a half in lift.

Re: NISSAN MURANO BUILD FOR SEMA"as requested"

Comment

Comment

after the new wheels.

Comment

before

Comment

right after.still dirty from sitting.nice fender gap considering i added 20" wheels to replace the 18's.

Comment

Comment

full view.the ride is just like stock and you gain ground clearance.i will be offering this as a kit in the near future.

Comment

Comment

Thanks a ton Twilight. Both vehicles look great, but I still say the Murano needs a custom grill!

You said the Murano was great stock, so is there a list of positive and negative you can give? I would like any info you feel like sharing. My wife is battling cancer again, and has told me she would like an suv and we both like this one and the new Ford ?? I don't even know the name of it though.

How about fuel mileage......ride comfort....cockpit layout?

Mike

Comment

as for the grill,the front end i got from japan replaces everything but the hood,lights and fenders.thats #3 on the list.next comes cold air intake and high flow exhaust.after that comes big brake kit and front fascia.

there is only one thing to complain about on this car.the drivers sun visor wont stay up.seems to be a common theme with these.other than that its great.smooth ride but doesnt lean too much in corners.ride with the new wheels is even better. you can get all the options you could ever want so basic to luxury is possible.my gas mileage goes as high as 36 on the highway.usually 28-ish.around town in stop-n-go traffic its never under 18.i hope that helps and my prayers go out to your wife.

i will keep the thread going just for you.i have a couple more secrets up my sleeve for this one.

Darin

Comment

Originally posted by turmite
                        Thanks a ton Twilight. Both vehicles look great, but I still say the Murano needs a custom grill!

You said the Murano was great stock, so is there a list of positive and negative you can give? I would like any info you feel like sharing. My wife is battling cancer again, and has told me she would like an suv and we both like this one and the new Ford ?? I don't even know the name of it though.

How about fuel mileage......ride comfort....cockpit layout?

Mike
                        if you are thinking of the ford escape, nissan has always made a better car. ford has always had lots of problems with there vehicles that they deny. my wifes zx2 has a very common problem of vibration at idle ford wont even repair, they have said there engineers have looked into it and tried solutions but we will just have to live with it. many of there cars have been like this. however fords cars are built so cheaply its like honda, cheap parts and easy repairs. id do some google on ford first. now as for our 2003 zx2 it was $1000, and drives great. if it wasnt for there bad engineers and service i would have no problems

Comment

new bumper and grill in bubble wrap straight from japan.only a few of these in the US.im told less than 10.

Comment

i could probably get you this stuff at cost. i use to work for wilco who is now keystone. who sells all of this stuff. Might be hard since you are not local though :-\
                            i am glad that your cars look good and are NOT riced out. You should go old school and do an FD rx7

Comment

speaking of not being riced out...this is the car before the stereo sponsor.the graphics grew on me but this was the original look after about 80% completion.i think its very aggressive yet classy.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X