Mastermold Custom Diablo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mastermold Custom Diablo

Hey guys, I have been meaning to post my build to you guys just have been busy on other things. I have a few days off with nothing to do. So here it is. I bought the car off of ebay last year from Atlanta. From my research its a B&B uni-body kit. Right away I made a list of everything I wanted done to it starting with the interior. It was tan and I wanted it to be black with suede. I went with a double din radio design but I am going to scrap that and go more with a single din design. I painted the rims gloss black, which gave the it more contrast.
    I am a big advocate on premium sound systems. I put in two alpine type-r components on the dash. The angle of the windshield forces the sound to resonate in multiple directions to give a surround sound effect. I put type-r's in the doors and padded the entire interior with dynamat. I cant bearly hear any outside noise when driving. In the center console I put a 8 inch sub with a space calculated speaker box. I had this in a dodge viper and it gave the audio a clear balanced dimension. In the rear I removed the trunk space and fiberglassed a box to house a amp and 2 10inch subs.
    When I bought it I was mildly satisfied with the paint. It was experiencing mild cracking and had a few chips. The mirrors were garbage. I was so embarrassed at the look at them that I drove to Oklahoma to pick up a pair, and other miscellaneous parts.
    I re-welded the stretch to give it extra stability. Whoever did it originally had done a mediocre job . While I was under there I reworked the transmission, clutch, and replaced some engine parts that looked like the might give me trouble in the near future. I took out the muffler and went to just pipes but will change it back because I think I am going to have a backflow compression problem.
    I meticulously sanded down the whole body and went threw 5 boxes of sandpaper and 3 cans of body filler. I was going to paint it but after do research on kits I found a better alternative. Painting it would eventually crack and chip. If you have ever sanded a fiberglass car you will know how exhausting it is. Especially when you set out to eliminate all pitting. Painting would run me about $5,000 for a show quality job. Get behind the wrong truck or hit a hidden pothole too hard and its money waisted.
    The alternative is car wrapping. I am going to have it wrapped flat black. Like this http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/f...lat-black.html . I found a company that will do it for $3,000 and give me a 8 year warranty on the wrap. If anything peels or gets damaged the will fix it for free. Being that one of the biggest problems I have see is stress cracks. A wrap will eliminate that issue. The vinyl will bond to the body and protect it from cracks and chips.
    One thing I didn't like about the car was its ride height. It was obviously too high and I will have to lower it a few inches. This will be a daily driver if I keep it so I wont be dropping it ridiculously low. Right now I dont have to slow for any normal dips or bumps.
    One of my friends convinced me to remove the quarter panel glass and put air ducts. At first I was not sure if it would look good but it grew on me. I got a engine cover and will now make a glass cover to showcase it (like the Ferrari's) since a gt hood would be overkill.
    I bought a gt-r wing and will make the driver and passenger windows gtr-r designs with air vents. That is due to the builder not making them power. I have been going back and forth with whether or not to make them power but I would rather have someone else build it for me. So plexi seems like a simple temp fix. [img]http://[/img]

Re: Mastermold Custom Diablo

Very nice!!! your lucky! Put some Bob Marley in your killer sound system.

Dan

Comment

nice i would recomend the gtr front bumper to tie the rest in, i like it

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Then I started the exterior. :'(

Comment

Comment

More pics here. http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc109/dirtymanpro/ I also own a real 360,a batmobile , and zo6 replica

Comment

I removed some body lines and reflectors. I figured i can later find some custom ones and mold them in if I need to. The car has been sitting at this stage collecting dust. Just need to finish a few minor things and it would be ready for wrapping. I lost interest in it and would be open to trades plus cash. Or I might start back on it in a few months

Comment

Nice work! Looks good!

Comment

why are you putting custom sub box in the trunk? wouldnt it be better behind the seat?

Comment

Originally posted by prototype2
                          why are you putting custom sub box in the trunk? wouldnt it be better behind the seat?
                          well behind the seat subs muffles the sound. The sub between the seats is sufficient enough to enjoy cabin music. The sub in the trunk is overkill and for show. Being that I dynamated the interior, outside sound is suppressed. I live in Los Angeles and was designing this to be a club hopper

Comment

Very nice job done so far hurry and finish it so I can drive it at 35 mph round town ;D

Comment

Here are some updated pics. Finally decided to finish it. I lowered it and put air ride shocks. Putting in the power windows into the doors. I decided to do a ipad for a radio and climate control that I will mold into the dash. Right now we are sanding it to get it ready for the car wrap.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X