Build Diary on the 69 GTO??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build Diary on the 69 GTO??

Hey Guys, I asked about preping my frame and had a request to do a thread on the restoration of my wifes and my 1969 GTO. I would love to do that, but was not sure how the rest of you would feel about it being that it is not a kit car?? If enough of you are cool with me doing a build thread, I will be happy to. My wife is excited by the idea. She loves working on the car with me, and has actually done some cutting of metal, as well as turning wrenches, and no, she is not named Butch, and does not wear flannel ;D She is actually very pretty and 5'10 with blond hair. I know, Im blessed. Well let me know folks and I will post pics and all. JB PS. we do want to eventually do a Murci kit with the porsche boxster donor.

Re: Build Diary on the 69 GTO??

Originally posted by jbmacneil
    she is not named Butch, and does not wear flannel
    LOL I would love to see a build diary.

Comment

wullll you already know how I feel! ;D I ask you to do the build thread!

contact Bartman......

Comment

yes please!

Comment

Okay Fellas, Ive heard from 3 Hero members, so I think its safe for me to do the build diary. I will start this weekend and try to download some photos!! Thanks for the interest! You guys are the best. JB

Comment

Go for it.....it will be great to see some "real" muscle car build diary...

Good luck - VK
            Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Comment

Go for it;

It will be good to see other builds going on as well.

Cheers
              Don
              308 Ferrari replica
              Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Originally posted by Don
                Go for it;

Cheers
                Don
                +1

Comment

Originally posted by xisco_mallorca
                  Originally posted by Don
                  Go for it;

Cheers
                  Don
                  +1
                  +2

We are all car guys and the forum is now Mad Mechanics.. So bring it on.. ;D
                  [img]http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8214/mrferrari1kk7.jpg[/img][img]http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/6500/antfw3.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks Guys for all the kindness and support!! Currently trying to get to become a Patron member so I can post some pics. Just waiting to her via email, I will make a donation and do whatever else is needed! Hope all of you have a great New Year and keep up the great work on all those projects!!! JB

Comment

Ok, I have been out of it for awhile, but Im back now. I am trying to work 2 jobs, rebuild my 69 gto and work on a diablo kit car. I have ideas of grandure, but some inspiration from your build would help!!!

Comment

I agree go for a build diary. You can always use photobucket to host the pictures until you get square away on here. So how about some details on the car... Stick / auto, which 400 is in it etc...

Comment

My wife and I purchased the car back in July of 2009. It was bought from this smuck in Spanaway Washington. I say smuck because the guy misrepresented the car and I should have made a trip to go look. Oh well! The car is a 1969 GTO (real one) and I found out it has the Judge package, but is not a Judge. It is green with green interior, has a 455 Pontiac motor out of a ram air III car, it is the 400 auto. I found out about the car on collectorcar.com. I was told the car had minimal rust, the interior floor and trunk floor were solid. Well, the trunk floor was junk, and there were some spots on the interior floor that need repair. We purchased the car for $11,500.00 plus $450 for shipping.

Dont get me wrong, I love the car and she is going to be beautiful once we are done. Okay, so a little bit of history about the car. It was seized in 2003 by the Chicago Ridge Police Dept. and was auctioned off to the guy in Spanaway. I called and found out the cars owner was arrested for DUII and lost the car. I was surprised some cop didnt try and grab her.

My wife and I decided to call the GTO "Billie", and of course she is a girl! We are going to build her just like a real Judge, orange with black interior, a hurst vmatic shifter with the t-handle, 19" wheels with 10 or 12 inch wide in back and 8.5 inch wide in front. I will post some different wheel choices I have been looking at and see what you all think.

I used to have a Real GTO Judge back in 1985 to late 1987. She was orange, black interior, 4 SPEED!!, and like a dee dee dee, I sold her for $5,500.

Comment

Continued: The car went to some guy in Medford or Ashland as I recall. So, that is the reason for the color scheme of Billie! I am not worried about her being totally original obviously, and really want to create a G-Machine!! You know, so I can keep up with the Lambos and Ferraris! : I am going to rebuild the 455 and have a set of 6X heads that have been totally went through. The motor will need to be a lower compression engine as I want to put a paxton supercharger on her. I am also going to be putting all new polygraphite suspension on her with BIG sway bars front and rear. She has one on the front already or course, but not big enough

The car was delivered to our home here in Southern coastal Oregon, and I was very happy when she arrived!! The car started, and ran fine but needed a tuneup and brake adjustments and so on. I also could feel a looseness in the rear that made me uncomfortable driving her. So, where is Billie at now??

Well, I figured I wanted her to be fast, safe, and look all of 1969! So, I started taking her apart and now she is down to the frame. I have a car and a half garage Iam working out of and have a 60 gallon compressor, wire feed welder, and a large boxotools! I have sandblasted the frame and have coated it with ospho which is a rust stopping product. I have heard both good and bad about por15. I am going to paint the frame with an epoxy primer, and then coat it with a gloss black frame paint. I am going to blast and repaint all of the suspension peices. I want the underneath of the car to be as clean as when she was new!!

I am going to paint the bottom of the body the same orange as the rest of the car will be. I even received three spray guns for Christmas from Santa!!! ;D

Comment

Continued:

I am still waiting for contact from "ari" regarding becoming a patron member. I will try posting pics from what the other member posted! Thanks for all of your kind and supportive words my friends!! I will be asking you for help and am more than happy to help you however I can!! Take care and have a blessed 2010 my friends!! JB

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X