Clear All

• godisgr8
    replied
    Re: my car build

Looking good so far.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Very nice! does the laballa have a porsche gt front?

Leave a comment:

• goyal99
    replied

John

Your project looks very good but I'm surprised why the builder decided to design such a dull, chopped-up rear end for this vehicle...I mean, he started out with a clean sheet of design and somewhere along the build he run out of ideas.....it really looks awful ....The front of the car looks great and then you take a look at the back.......and disappointment takes over

You seem like a very talented and creative builder so I'm sure you'll come up with a better design for rear end....

Also another point I'm curious about: shouldn't this car design have a roll bar build-in or are you planning to install one??

Keep up the good work

Bill

Leave a comment:

• wbnemo1
    replied

That looks awesome....except....I don't know if you would want to put those yellow polka dots all over the dash, kinda looks like a lady bug ;D

Cheers,
    William

Leave a comment:

• stryker
    replied

Originally posted by matthewc
    Great new pictures! Your project is looking fabulous! This is what it is all about, making the car truly yours with all of your own personal touches. Keep up the great work, god this makes me want to jump back into my own project in the worst way!

Matt
    thanks,that was a big factor in why i decided to build the car,their is only three completed on the road.and for a car its affordable.plus i can mod it my way.i have really been thinking and drawing on stretching the rear of the car to get a longer wheel base.i think it would look better once i get the hard top completed.
    john

Leave a comment:

• stryker
    replied

Originally posted by f430Scuddy
    What kind of rear suspensions is that? Does la bala plans have independent rear option?
    that is a dedion axle,it allows the alxes to go on the outside so any front wheel motor trany combo is possible.plus it is a lot lighter than a true live axle.their is no plans for independent rear.
    john

Leave a comment:

• f430Scuddy
    replied

What kind of rear supsensions is that? Does labala plans have independent rear option?

Leave a comment:

• matthewc
    replied

Great new pictures! Your project is looking fabulous! This is what it is all about, making the car truly yours with all of your own personal touches. Keep up the great work, god this makes me want to jump back into my own project in the worst way!

Matt

Leave a comment:

• stryker
    replied

just alittle update on my build.i have been working on the interior and some other small mods.one problem i ran into was comming up with a dash, center concil that flowed into each other.the original dash was designed around the mr2 shifter.well, i will be using the ecotec and the shifter is huge compared to the mr2,that possed a problem since their is only 4" between the seats and my shifter needs 7".the original gauge pod was in the wrong location for the new shifter,and the tab comming down was off too.here is some before and after pics. the orange circles are me just playing with some gauge placement and air vents.not sure on this yet.also the concil is not finished around the shifter,still working that area alittle more before the final mold is made.i also started working on making my front splitter up,here is a pic of the plug taking shape.
    [img]http://[/img]

Leave a comment:

• stryker
    replied

Originally posted by cliffscustomfab
    awesome job dude, question; where did you get that body? i thought you could only get them in a complete build.
    www.grabercars.com
    no he offers the body seperate.he has never made a complete roller yet for resale.the body and chassis plans are available seperate.steve is a great guy to deal with,very helpful and also very willing to take your advice on improvements too.his chassis plans are so easy to follow,he has all the miter templetes right in the plans.i changed my chassis alot from the plans because of doors,i really just wanted his front suspension and rear design.the body is unbelievablely strait,i had to sand down some of the mold flash alittle better, other than that just block sanded the body down to get the paint to stick.he has a link to his forum of the home page,you can see some of the builds going on,their is only three on the road.
    john

Leave a comment:

• cliffscustomfab
    replied

awesome job dude, question; where did you get that body? i thought you could only get them in a complete build.

Leave a comment:

• stas
    replied

Awesome build really like the car. The only thing with ur fabricating skills i wish u did something original with the headlights like the "k1 attack" evil look.

Leave a comment:

• stryker
    replied

Originally posted by MacGyver
    Looking very nice. Any Assembly photos would be an added bonus for us all. Keep up the good work.
    no,sorry i can never remember to snap pics while building. i can start trying to get more during the assembly.
    john

Leave a comment:

• MacGyver
    replied

Looking very nice. Any Assembly photos would be an added bonus for us all. Keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• stryker
    replied

Originally posted by dratts1
    I like it! That's the clearest windshield I've ever seen. Do you know how much it will weigh?
    it should come in around 1600# give or take.it should be quick with the 230HP ecotec.
    john

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X