• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: my car build

Looking good so far.

Comment

yes bill i agree.that was one of the only things i dislike about the body,i am really thinking hard about stretching the rear to around 103" wheel base.i think it would make the rear alot more pleasing to the eye.if you look at alot of the supercars they have a stubby rear but the wheel base is longer and it dont look like they were rear ended by a mack truck!as far as the roll bar it is in the chassis design,i have not made mine yet do to i will be adding a hard top and need to see were that falls in first.if the hard top doesnt get done right away i have it set up to except two roll bars behind each seat.also the drawings i have for the top changes the whole look of the car.
      i have a long ways to go!i need to get some one to photoshop the stretch on my car and see what it looks like.

John

[quote=goyal99 ]

John

Your project looks very good but I'm surprised why the builder decided to design such a dull, chopped-up rear end for this vehicle...I mean, he started out with a clean sheet of design and somewhere along the build he run out of ideas.....it really looks awful ....The front of the car looks great and then you take a look at the back.......and disappointment takes over

You seem like a very talented and creative builder so I'm sure you'll come up with a better design for rear end....

Also another point I'm curious about: shouldn't this car design have a roll bar build-in or are you planning to install one??

Keep up the good work

Bill

[Bill/quote]

Comment

Originally posted by Greenmeansgo
        Very nice! does the laballa have a porsche gt front?
        they look simular,and i thought the same thing. it is its own design and is a lot different when you see it in person.

john

Comment

a little update on the car,i pretty much have the interior ready for carpet,covering and carbon fiber accents.i also finshed up the front splitter,not sure wether to paint it to match or leave it black.also need to fiberglass in some mounts yet.you can also see i started mocking up the top.this is the basic shape,not 100% sure how i will do the sides or rear yet. i will glass this first and then work out those details after,gives me something more to look at besides foam.and a better view of what will look best.

Comment

Hi,
            looks great! you have done a great job. Keep us updated, best of luck

Comment

Hey there !!!! lOOKING VERY NICE, KEEP IT UP

Comment

The car isnt my taste, but you have talent. please post more as you go!

Comment

another update,i have been working in the interior some more.i wanted to have it upholstered in leather but the shop is two months behind and the car needs to look semi done for the carlisle show in may.so after playing with the sem texture spray,i went with bed liner spray and gave it a oem look on the dash,council and door panels.turned out pretty nice and matches the oem plastic from the mr2 steering column.i installed my upgraded brakes.i also added shocks to the front clam shell.i got the windshield installed and you can also see i started installing my vents.still need to get the carbon fiber and gauges in.

ket.com/albums/ww124/stryker16/100_3853.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Lookin good!!!!!
                    Cant wait to see it with its interior finished
                    ;D ;D

Comment

just a photo shopped idea for a coupe, or removable hardtop utilizing the body lines you already have.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I was bored so I figured I would throw one up too.

Comment

What a fun looking car. It makes me want to head to the beach. You're only missing one thing. A surf board.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by kitZ4206
                            What a fun looking car. It makes me want to head to the beach. You're only missing one thing. A surf board.

Mark
                            yea our weather is getting nicer.about another month of working on it and the car gets pushed aside for the summer,the jet ski's are ready to go!!
                            john

Comment

OMG! Its a ZZ2 Replica!

Dude you shouldn't put a 383 in it, get a Nissan powerplant! 8)

Comment

Originally posted by VF1Skullangel
                                OMG! Its a ZZ2 Replica!

Dude you shouldn't put a 383 in it, get a Nissan powerplant! 8)
                                it's not getting a 383,it's getting a supercharged ecotec.the car only weights around 1600# when complete.it should run real well.

john

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X