No announcement yet.

F40 Slow but worth it.....BUILD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking good man, looking really good!

shem

Comment

• man its all in the details, and you are really spending time in places where it counts. good work, it is gonna be beautiful.

Comment

• Hi all,

Thanks for the comments guys

Just another small update but theres hours going into these wheel tubs, theyre pretty slow going! but they are getting there. Now i have got all the space there possibly is tu use for the fear suspension movement. The inside wheel tub is now touching the inside of the NACA duct on the backend. At full bump on a 19" rim the chassis is 75mm from the floor, and just a comparison pic of the original 17" tire on the other side which leaves less than 25mm between chassis and ground at full bump.

No there is enough room in the arch im working on how it joins to the backend when the backend is closed. I want the inside of the arch to be as seamless as possible so it doesnt collect road muck and im building in a step that helps stop any water making its way past into the rear bumper and it also halps locate the rear end and bumper tegether when closed.

Cheers

Comment

• A few more

Comment

• Your build is awesome

Your build is one of the best I've seen. The only ones that compare are done by a friend of mine. He has the only molds I know of made from the real car and his parts are super expensive as he has everything manufactured with factory ferrari owners in mind. He makes the bodies with the same Kevlar and carbon as the original and his seats sell for 17k a piece and from my understanding the entire package is over 60 thousand dollars and you still need a 308 chassis or custom frame. His cars when finished are the best looking replicas of the f40 I've seen so far but the price even made me nut up because it's too rich for my blood. I'm gonna try to get him to hook me up a deal but after seeing the ferrari fxx he is working on in his shop I don't think any huge price breaks will be coming my way . may be able to help you if you need dimensions or templates but parts are too pricey and he won't budge on the manufacturing process either. Anyway seeing yoir build made me think of his kit and how nice yours looks and that this is my dream car that one day I will build but want it right now, waaah , Waugh, wahhh

Comment

• Hi, any updates?

Comment

• bump for updates.!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X