*fill-up*'s Evo 7 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: *fill-up*'s Evo 7 Build

Looks like a Lancer with a body kit. ???

Truth be told, this is probably the worst platform of a donor for an EVO rep. You should have gotten an older Mitsu Mirage and built an EVO 5 or 6. The body lines of the Lancer differ so much from the EVO.

But, props to you, I don't see very many turbo Lancers, time to get rid of that baby turbo / fuel system and upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by AddictsRacing

Truth be told, this is probably the worst platform of a donor for an EVO rep. You should have gotten an older Mitsu Mirage and built an EVO 5 or 6. The body lines of the Lancer differ so much from the EVO.

But, props to you, I don't see very many turbo Lancers, time to get rid of that baby turbo / fuel system and upgrade.
      Baby Turbo?!? That evo 8 16g is a beast my man. Got me and my buddies evo 8 into high 11's. I mean sure its not an FP Black buy you can beat the crap out of those turboes, 30lbs of boost all day long! MHI reliability! (But def need bigger injectors!)
      http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...D765AC7574.png

Comment

Yes, I said baby turbo. :P

Not to thread jack My car:

Comment

addict i just built a car whos turbo makes yours look like a peanut ;D Ill post pics soon

Comment

Originally posted by Greenmeansgo
            addict i just built a car whos turbo makes yours look like a peanut ;D Ill post pics soon
            I can't justify upgrading the turbo any bigger yet, the 100% alcohol, 10 1600cc injectors, 998whp, and 9's in the 1/4 got me scared as it is.

Gotta work on the driver mod still. :P

Comment

is that a b18c1 with a garrett 45 and i cant see the manifold but i asume its a jg

Comment

It is an authentic Integra Type R.

I decided to go with an LS/Vtec set up as to not ruin the numbers matching B18c5. It's a fully sleeved 9.0:1 compression motor, 72mm turbo, it does have a Victor X intake mani, but the turbo manifold, downpipe, etc. was custom made by yours truly.

Comment

An evo is a lancer with a body kit and turbo, at least the Evo 7's were. Mine looks pretty close to the actual one, the real one is a little bit wider (different fenders) but who cares. And my turbo is an actual Evo turbo so it is basically an Evo 7 replica. I think its a cool looking car, and I like it alot. It got me into an Evo for less than 8k I'm pretty satisfied

Comment

Fill dont get a viper. They're fast in a straight line when they run. Sell the 996 (gen1) and the f355 rep and the evo and get a 996 (gen2) turbo! You'll enjoy it more!!!!!!

Comment

Get a Viper!. Here's my friends 97

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyrTU...ext=1&index=60

Look at that interior!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEkPF...=PL&playnext=1

Comment

Originally posted by *fill-up*

An evo is a lancer with a body kit and turbo, at least the Evo 7's were. Mine looks pretty close to the actual one, the real one is a little bit wider (different fenders) but who cares. And my turbo is an actual Evo turbo so it is basically an Evo 7 replica. I think its a cool looking car, and I like it alot. It got me into an Evo for less than 8k I'm pretty satisfied
                        fill your mistaken my friend, the lancer and evo are miles apart while they have some similarities, they are both 2 entirely different cars.
                        your just sitting in a modded lancer for less then 8k.
                        evo and lancer chassis is entirely different
                        evo uses aluminum suspension components while lancer is all steel
                        evo uses wishbone setup in the rear while the lancer uses traditional cantilever setup which is shared with the mitsu outlander
                        evo engine is a 2.0L dohc turbo while the lancer is 1.8L sohc
                        evo gets brembo's all around.. lancer gets basic disc brakes
                        ect ect ect...
                        trust me when I say the evo is definitely not just a lancer with a bolt on turbo and body kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor X
                          Originally posted by *fill-up*

fill your mistaken my friend, the lancer and evo are miles apart while they have some similarities, they are both 2 entirely different cars.
                          your just sitting in a modded lancer for less then 8k.
                          evo and lancer chassis is entirely different
                          evo uses aluminum suspension components while lancer is all steel
                          evo uses wishbone setup in the rear while the lancer uses traditional cantilever setup which is shared with the mitsu outlander
                          evo engine is a 2.0L dohc turbo while the lancer is 1.8L sohc
                          evo gets brembo's all around.. lancer gets basic disc brakes
                          ect ect ect...
                          trust me when I say the evo is definitely not just a lancer with a bolt on turbo and body kit.
                          Okay okay theres more differences I know! But mine has the 2.0 SOHC not dual but single, but it is 2.0 not 1.8!! And mine does have Brembos all the way around. The suspensions is also highly modified on mine, not sure the specs of it, but no stock lancer suspension. And it is FWD not AWD like Evo's

Whatever I have a car that looks like a Evo 7 from Japan in the US and I like it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jrslyrics
                            Fill dont get a viper. They're fast in a straight line when they run. Sell the 996 (gen1) and the f355 rep and the evo and get a 996 (gen2) turbo! You'll enjoy it more!!!!!!
                            No worries I don't want one anymore I am more than satisfied with my 996 C4 Cabrio I am in love with it, the AWD grips the road so nicely, the engine does 0-60 in 5 sec, and I can get a tan while driving ;D

I am not planning on selling the 911 until I buy a Gallardo

Comment

It's on eBay, and the 911 might be next :-\ having trouble keeping up on maintenance on it and having left over money to finish the Enzo

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...STRK:MESELX:IT

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X