Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F40 LM Style Build

Well,
    I tried to sell my complete F40 kit and the 88 Fiero Formula (5 speed) with only 88k miles for $3,500. But, nobody showed any interest, so decided to build it. So far, I made the following modifications to the front end:

1. LM Cuts on the fender
    2. Center Louver (Short cut as I did not want to rebuild the intake air scoop as many of the experts are doing here )
    3. I hated the fact that all the kits had a very long nose. So, decided to shorten by 5".... I had to shorten in two areas to make sure I can fiberglass it back together without major filling with bondo...
    4. Waiting for Norms front spoiler... Hope it will get to me soon... (Norm, Please let me know when will you be shipping it.. Thanks)

Next mods:
    Windshield
    3" strech
    Roof line..

Wish me luck...

Here are pictures of the new front end...

Re: F40 LM Style Build

Best of luck with your build...

I hope you can make it look like as close to the real F40 as possible....then you can sell it to me! ;D

All the best
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Comment

YES another F40 build!! Why sell when you can build?? I'm looking forward to your progress. 8)

Comment

Say goodbye to that nice clean garage!

Best of luck with your project.
        My Projects:

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...y-project.html
        http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...-facelift.html
        http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...430-build.html

Comment

Thanks... I am sure it is going to be an interesting journey....
          AK 8)

Comment

Hello Im glad I saw your pics of the front cut up and shortened as I was just going to apply the rubberised color over the lower front spoiler that I normally do. Will ship out without paint, so you can modify. Thanks Norm

Comment

Norm,

I want to paint the front spoiler to the same color as the bumper. Will I need to do lots of body work or does it come on smooth gelcoat?

Thanks,
              Andrew

Comment

Hello Andrew our parts are sent out in a primer gel coat ready to prime and paint as I take the mold flash off and do most of the prep. In your case you will need to cut and paste your lower front clip at the bottom anyway to get it flush and straight, modifying the spoiler will be easy in comparision as you will need to simply shorten it at the ends. Thanks Norm

Comment

Thanks Norm..
                  I can't wait to get them...

Regards,
                  AK

Comment

Originally posted by normsf
                    Hello Im glad I saw your pics of the front cut up and shortened as I was just going to apply the rubberised color over the lower front spoiler that I normally do. Will ship out without paint, so you can modify. Thanks Norm
                    That car looks familiar

Comment

Always interested in new F40's on here! Looks like you are off to a great start! Keep up the good work. Steve

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X