A##I R8 Spyder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A##I R8 Spyder

I'm toying with the idea of building the R8 Spyder. It will be based on the Boxster.

Any views? on this. Would it be a popular kit?

Re: A##I R8 Spyder

regardless of how cool the R8 is.. i dont see a huge market for people that will want to turn thier porshe into a audi

the idea doesnt wow me... maybe its just me.. it is a beautiful car though... perhaps you might want to tackle the idea of making a kit car for the lower income people..lol.. like a supercar based off a honda civic or something

Comment

It was either the R8 or the 599 on a supra. not sure if anyone is already doing it

Comment

do it for you and only you
        people dont appreciate all the time and money you put in it to turn around and sell it unless your practically giving it away

Comment

Its not gonna work. Kind of like building an NSX replica these days.

If anyone wants an R8 that bad they could take a TT convertable and put a body kit to it. Its still an Audi. :

Comment

So best one to go for is the 599 then?

Comment

Originally posted by ReplicaLover
              599, 575, 550--all are great. The kit market is really lacking in front-engined Ferrari replicas. Some of these front-engined Ferrari grand tourers are sleek and decidedly not over the top. There's a smoothness and subtley to the design that's very beautiful if you've seen them up close. And there's a lot of possible donors, too. Think: Corvette, the BMW Z4, Stealth, etc.

Comment

think I will go for the 599 then. Will base it on a supra I think though

Comment

Yup. :

Wait a few years, there will be no need to replicate an R8.

Comment

It was either the R8 or the 599 on a supra. not sure if anyone is already doing it
                    Do both, both unique, both not done.

I think you would get traction with either of them.

I am not partial to the r8 personally, I would prefer a 599, however I think it would sell enough kits to get a nice payback.

The car starts above 100K it will be AWHILE till they are near your turnkey price...IMHO

Comment

I'm toying with the idea of building the R8 Spyder. It will be based on the Boxster.

Any views? on this. Would it be a popular kit?
                      I don't think the R8 looks like anything special, it wouldn't really be to popular for buyers, but if you make one for your self the go for it and who knows maybe someone will want it

Comment

I'd buy it..I love Audis..and especially the R8..

Comment

The R8 isn't exotic or expensive enough. It's like making a replica Bentley GT. I made a thread once before, the donor with the most potential is the Opel Speedster/Vauxhall VX220. It's a better Lotus Elise with different body panels and the same aluminum frame. Adding a custom subframe to the rear to stretch the wheelbase and make it more accommodating for a v8 or even v10 will instantly turn that donor into a supercar due to it's inherent lightweight. The Hennesey Venom GT has done the same thing with the Lotus chassis and charge $600,000.

Comment

Hey someone took a stab at it..

http://indianautosblog.com/2008/11/a...ased-on-a-ford

Comment

There was a show last night showing how they made the R8 at the Audi factory on the national geographic channel it was pretty cool.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X