Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first build a DJ GTA

Hello,

My name is Nathan and this is my first build, I've started a month ago.
    Because I reither work than talk I've waited a while until starting this topic.
    I hope I can finish before paint in two weeks.
    My wheels are the BBS CH because I think that's the best choice for this car
    I've added some photo's, all comments are welcome.

Re: My first build a DJ GTA

Looking well fair play keep us posted with the build ;D

Comment

Hi Nathan,

Welcome to the Forum.

It looks like you have progressed well for a months worth of work. Please feel free to ask questions during your build. Their are some very talented people here that can probably help you with just about any build issue you may encounter.

MacGyver
      My Projects:

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...y-project.html
      http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...-facelift.html
      http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...430-build.html

Comment

Thanks MacGyver, actually I bought the kit a month ago and I worked on it only the last week, I had a few problems but as you may know Dave from MR2kits is very quick in helping me out with these problems.
        For now everything is going pretty smooth, the complete rearpanel, sideskirts and doors are lined up.
        At the moment I'm working on the frontpanel and hope to have this mounted next monday because that's the first day next week I've got time to work on it.

Best regards, Nathan

Originally posted by MacGyver
        Hi Nathan,

Welcome to the Forum.

It looks like you have progressed well for a months worth of work. Please feel free to ask questions during your build. Their are some very talented people here that can probably help you with just about any build issue you may encounter.

MacGyver

Comment

Coming along great. Good luck!

Comment

Looks great for such a short time workin on it. You have gotten further in the month then I have on 2 years!! Haha. Good luck with it. Looks like you got yourself a really nice kit there.

Comment

Today I mounted the doors.

Test fitted the taillights.

And mounted the backpanel to the roof

Thatís about it for today.

Comment

Looking good and keep posting pictures. We always like seeing progress.

Comment

Removed the screws and sanded the roofline a bit flat.

Than filled up the gap with a small layer off fiberglass putty.

And because I wasnít happy with the structure/strength and look from the back of the doorhandle caps I started to make them solid out off one piece, when this dried out I will drill out the exact chape of the doorhandle rest so it fits perfect.

Filled up ready to dry

And just one more pic of the overall look of the car so far.

This will be my last update for this month, Thursday I will fly to Portugal to enjoy a well deserved holiday.

Greetings, Nathan

Comment

Nice job with your build in such a short time.. Looking good 8)

Enjoy your vacation and be sure to post a few pictures of the sandy beaches for us when you get back..

Comment

Good Luck on your build. Looking good so far cant wait to see more.

Comment

This reminds me of the first 2 months of my build. The visual progress is great. You strip the car, and work the body panels on. Then the next 2 years was getting everything aligned and all of the finishing touches. Keep the momentum going.

Comment

After a short break I started working again on the GTA, here a little update.
                          But first as asked by mr Ferrari a pic of the beach I layed on .

The doorhandels covers are solid now and are after removing a little bit of the putty fitting perfectly.

When that was done I started on the hinges for the hood and lining up the hood itself.
                          Made a solid foundation for the hinges to hang on.

And when I was waiting for that to dry I allready started to provide the engine some air.
                          Made a mold and there came of 2 nice caps, 1 for the cooling of the engine bay and 1 for the engine itself.

Also made a new bracket for the rearbumper because I wasnít happy with the original one, and lined up the trunk , raised the lock and the bracket that holds the lock pick.
                          But got no photoís off them at the moment.
                          And I was finally able to take a decent picture of the side of the car, and I donít like the look of it. The back is max lowered and I would like to drop another 3 cm so thatís a bit of a problem, the front I still can drop 1 cm so I hope that should be enough.
                          All suggestions are welcome.

Comment

You could ask H&R, i know they can make you a special low suspension!

Greetz
                            Bart

Comment

Good progress, Pity that mine will not be the only GTA in Holland anymore...
                              Ga zo door Nathan!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X